Really NEED some input! Dig is done! Coastal SoCal new build

How many microbrites would I need? PB was saying he only uses them on sun shelfs and other shallow small areas.
I'm sharing this info on globrites vs intellibrites with my husband. PB was under the impression that intellibrites were much brighter than globrites thus his recommendation.

I can't believe I'm being charged $509 for them and you were $350, Martin! Was that including all the wiring or whatever? (I'm so tech-savvy.)

Update!

46046715281_05991a3349_k.jpg
[/URL]

03C4T9
03C4T9

Look at that!!! Have you been bonding with it? aka watering it. This will help slow the curing down and help keep it from cracking as much.

It is time for your own set of links! It is a lot of info so this will give you time to let it soak in.

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

Pool Math

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might have no matter how small! We have all been where you are at one point.

Go ahead and ask your PB what test kit he will give you. Let us know so we can fill in the blanks.

Kim:kim:

Reading through this thread. Why did they have to dig deeper than planned to meet the soils engineers requirements?
‘Did they over ex and scarify or were they trying to get to rock?
worried about solidification?
just wondering. California does some weird stuff because of the earthquake hazard.

- - - Updated - - -

Hit reply to soon.
‘Was a soil report taken before excavation?
If so, why the surprise.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Look at that!!! Have you been bonding with it? aka watering it. This will help slow the curing down and help keep it from cracking as much.

It is time for your own set of links! It is a lot of info so this will give you time to let it soak in.

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

Pool Math

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might have no matter how small! We have all been where you are at one point.

Go ahead and ask your PB what test kit he will give you. Let us know so we can fill in the blanks.

Kim:kim:

Thank you! I've already printed it all out and am starting to try to get it all to sink into my brain!

Reading through this thread. Why did they have to dig deeper than planned to meet the soils engineers requirements?
‘Did they over ex and scarify or were they trying to get to rock?
worried about solidification?
just wondering. California does some weird stuff because of the earthquake hazard.

- - - Updated - - -

Hit reply to soon.
‘Was a soil report taken before excavation?
If so, why the surprise.

We are on the slope-side + the homes here are on a hillside/bluff that was cut & filled back in the day so they assumed our soil wasn't super stable. Turns out it was better than most soils the crews have seen in all of the surrounding cities... so it was totally over-engineered. And totally over-budget, lol.

We have our p-i-p coping done! Will post a pic in a bit! Now to choose decking...... ugggh.

Bad Tile Job Yesterday

Sorry for being MIA. The FLU hit here, and hit me hard. Finally somewhat upright today.
Soooo- this happened yesterday:

46224210622_19b0e537cf_z.jpg
[/URL]

32402865598_0a68ac1afa_z.jpg
[/URL]IM

45361982225_b1a6be1d78_z.jpg
[/URL]IMG_2744 by C Lynd, on Flickr[/IMG]
45551231564_2a2571859c_z.jpg
[/URL]I

32403018358_4db58d6de7_z.jpg
[/URL]IMG_2737 by C Lynd, on Flickr[/IMG]

Let's just say a dedicated "tile installer" didn't do this job. I knew it was going to be bad when they started cutting the sheets in half and tossing the GLASS tiles onto a pile on the concrete floor of the pool. I don't even think they used a trowel, let alone a level or a leveling string thing. Every other sheet or so they were on their phone. The vertical and horizontal lines don't line up all over the place, some places the tile is disappearing in thinset. The corners are so bad my 4 y/o could have done better. You can easily see where one sheet ends and another begins because the spacing is off. They installed cracked tiles. PB is coming out today. We aren't being unreasonable, are we?

Re: Bad Tile Job Yesterday

Sorry for being MIA. The FLU hit here, and hit me hard. Finally somewhat upright today.
Soooo- this happened yesterday:

46224210622_19b0e537cf_z.jpg
[/URL]

32402865598_0a68ac1afa_z.jpg
[/URL]IM

45361982225_b1a6be1d78_z.jpg
[/URL]IMG_2744 by C Lynd, on Flickr[/IMG]
45551231564_2a2571859c_z.jpg
[/URL]I

32403018358_4db58d6de7_z.jpg
[/URL]IMG_2737 by C Lynd, on Flickr[/IMG]

Let's just say a dedicated "tile installer" didn't do this job. I knew it was going to be bad when they started cutting the sheets in half and tossing the GLASS tiles onto a pile on the concrete floor of the pool. I don't even think they used a trowel, let alone a level or a leveling string thing. Every other sheet or so they were on their phone. The vertical and horizontal lines don't line up all over the place, some places the tile is disappearing in thinset. The corners are so bad my 4 y/o could have done better. You can easily see where one sheet ends and another begins because the spacing is off. They installed cracked tiles. PB is coming out today. We aren't being unreasonable, are we?
Looks bad. You should have taken two pictures and stopped them from working. Then texted the PB and told him about it... would have saved you a ton of headaches

Re: Bad Tile Job Yesterday

Looks bad. You should have taken two pictures and stopped them from working. Then texted the PB and told him about it... would have saved you a ton of headaches

That's easier said than done when you've had the flu w/ a 103-104.5 fever for 6 days straight and are trying to take care of your 4 y/o. :( I couldn't get out and look up close until my husband got hime from work and could help me.

Talk to your PB and see what he says.

You have to decide how much you want to go to battle with your PB over cosmetic issues. Lots of what you see, no one else will. No guests are going to be closely examining your tiles with a level. Much of that will blend in once everything is done.

The work is low quality, but life is short.

Talk to your PB and see what he says.

You have to decide how much you want to go to battle with your PB over cosmetic issues. Lots of what you see, no one else will. No guests are going to be closely examining your tiles with a level. Much of that will blend in once everything is done.

The work is low quality, but life is short.

Completely disagree.

You're paying good money for something that is a permanent structure on your property. Talk to your builder and make him fix it, and don't feel bad for doing so. Your builder should be equally upset with his subcontractor for doing the poor work and has the ability to put way more pressure on him than you do on your GC (both in withholding payment for this job and threatening to take him off future jobs). I wouldn't accept the above work, and I don't think anyone should. The builder I'm sure doesn't want his or her name associated with the shoddy workmanship and shouldn't take much convincing to make it right.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.