raypak 266 Milivolt NG won't fire

I have the pilot lit and am reading 450 ish when I check the voltage. That drops to 365 ish when I turn up the heat, but the unit will not fire up. Is there a trouble shooting guide for this heater

thanks

Sounds like a border line bad thermopile and or a dirty pilot which is not producing a big enough flame to heat it. Is the flame strong or lazy?

Sounds like a border line bad thermopile and or a dirty pilot which is not producing a big enough flame to heat it. Is the flame strong or lazy?
Well I cleaned the contacts that come from the pilot as well as the ones on the thermostat and power switch. The heater will fire up now, however it takes like 10 to 20 seconds after the switch is turned on.

Is that normal?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Use an OHM meter to check the switch for resistance instead of firing the parts cannon. It should read 0 ohms. Power piles do go bad over time and loose their ability to output power. Also they can be cleaned if they are dirty which will cause a low power output.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.