Question about stopping reverse water flow

SunshineStateofMind

Jul 19, 2020
Southwest Florida
I have a typical Florida pool/spa setup. In the spa I used to have a water feature which I didn’t care for. It causes uneven flow back into the pool. It was screwed into the floor of the spa via PVC. I removed it and at night when the pump stops, the spa level drops by half. Is there a type of fitting I can put in the 2” ground fitting on the spa floor which will open when there’s water flow and close when there isn’t? Thanks!

I've seen floor drain valves but they are more like a backflow prevention valve for a basement floor drain. Water goes down, not up. You want the opposite. There's likely one out there, so hopefully someone will chime in!

If not, a one way check valve at the equipment pad would be easy to do. (I say that without seeing your pad!)

Andrew

it doesn’t matter where the check valve is on that line. It will prevent back flow. It probably makes more sense for it to be in the pad, if possible.

Just pay attention to the direction you install it and be 100% sure you understand the plumbing before you cut anything.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.