Pressure Keeps Rising fast

rlblake82

May 7, 2020
Montgomery, AL
Hey everyone! I need help. I just recently replaced my pump and my pools sand filter. Mind you the pool has not worked for a while. I am working on trying to get all my levels in the range they need to be. The problem I am having right now is that I am trying to run the pump but the pressure on the sand filter rises to almost 25 after the pump has been on for maybe an hour. I back wash it and then it goes back to the normal range. I am just trying to find out is this is normal when you are trying to clean algae out of a pool that has been sitting for almost a year and a half. I just don't want to mess up my new system by back washing it to much.

Welcome to the forum!
Sounds like your filter is doing its job. Filtering out solids! But, you need to help it out.
You need to follow the SLAM Process. To do that, you need a proper test kit, see Test Kits Compared. I suggest the TF-100 A proper test kit is needed to get the accurate water chemistry results needed to follow the TFP protocols.

While you are waiting on your test kit, add 5 ppm FC worth of liquid chlorine / plain bleach to your pool each evening with the pump running. This will replenish the FC lost each day to the sun and also inhibit any algae in the water from growing further.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Welcome to the forum!
Sounds like your filter is doing its job. Filtering out solids! But, you need to help it out.
You need to follow the SLAM Process. To do that, you need a proper test kit, see Test Kits Compared. I suggest the TF-100 A proper test kit is needed to get the accurate water chemistry results needed to follow the TFP protocols.

While you are waiting on your test kit, add 5 ppm FC worth of liquid chlorine / plain bleach to your pool each evening with the pump running. This will replenish the FC lost each day to the sun and also inhibit any algae in the water from growing further.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.
But is ok to back wash every hour or so. I just don't want to mess up my new system. I have done this before but I did not have this problem with my old system.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.