Possible New Pool In Central FL

You will be using the lights more often then the bubbler at night. And chances are the entertainment of the bubbler will wear off after a while.

That hasn't been my experience. As I posted, bubbler lights without the bubbler actually operating are kind of distracting. They are pointed straight up so the light source is visible from pretty much everywhere, and it's closer to the surface than the other lights, making it brighter. With the bubbler active, it evenly diffuses the light as it was designed to do. We just use them for ambiance, not entertainment though, it's the favorite part of the pool for the little ones. Just relaying my personal experience, as usual, other's may be completely different.

As I posted, bubbler lights without the bubbler actually operating are kind of distracting.

Agreed. That's where a side facing light into the bubbler stream can be lots more useful then a light pointing up.

See how long the bubbler fun lasts over the life of your pool.

See how long the bubbler fun lasts over the life of your pool.

Don;t really care about that. Far as I;m concerned, I've already got my money's worth out of them. All the coming years are gravy. Though I don't anticipate lounging by the pool sipping a beverage at the end of the day with the soft, relaxing bubbling in the background becoming unenjoyable anytime soon, I guess it may someday.

How long did they last in your pool?

Ok new question.... I've been looking at the recommended flow rates for the sheers (2X 18" sheers, 1 X 48" sheer) and 2x bubblers and I'm looking for everyones opinion. Is the Pentair 011028 going to be a big enough pump for that? The engineering company estimated the TDH at 74' which would give approx. 115 GPM of flow.

Second question... The engineering company has both pumps running off a single strip drain rated for 280 GPM and we have around 210 GPM used. If I went to a 5HP pump (hoping we don't need to) it looks like that's approx. another 45 GPM of flow.

The one 028 pump will do it if plumbed correctly will be likely maxed out w all on. The problem is controlling it all. I like to use seperate pumps for situations like this only for the control. A higher end automation panel can give you control of many valves depending on what else your doing overall

So I'm still trying to figure out how many valves I need for this whole project. Maybe I'll put one on the bubblers too control them separately.

With one strip drain I'm concerned if the TDH numbers are off then with the flow increase will I overload the drain especially if I switch to a 5HP pump down the road. I suppose the only time I'd probably be running both pumps are max speed is when we're in the spa.

You have to put a 2way on each line regardless to throttle and dial the features in. You can then group them or automate them in groups with an actuator you can use stops to go back to the same throttle point. In you case I would have sheers in one amd bubblers in the other group. You are also going to tie in the drain and the skimmers for intake water. Plenty of flow combined just take care when laying out the pad you want a well thought out manifold setup and valving

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I thought we would use manual butterfly valves valves to dial in the flow to each water feature?

Similar to the red valves shown in the picture

Attachments

• 20200613_101640.jpg
    20200613_101640.jpg
    504.3 KB · Views: 32
Also does anyone have a recommendation on a heat pump? I've bee looking at a few but I can't decide if I want heat and cool or just heat and also I don't know how large I should go for (or if it's a case bigger is better)

I thought we would use manual butterfly valves valves to dial in the flow to each water feature?

Similar to the red valves shown in the picture

Ball valves never last long. They eventually stick, handles break, and need to be cut out to be replaced.

Use all diverter valves that last forever and can be rebuilt if the few [arts ever do break.

Reactions: mnmpizza
Ball valves never last long. They eventually stick, handles break, and need to be cut out to be replaced.

Use all diverter valves that last forever and can be rebuilt if the few [arts ever do break.

Just to make sure I'm following. You're recommending manual diverter valves like this Amazon.com : Pentair 263029 Grey/Black Diverter Valve 2-Way 2-Inch (2-1/2-Inch Slip Outside), PVC, Grey/Black : Swimming Pool Filter Valves : Garden & Outdoor to balance the flow and then I'll only need automated valves on the other stuff (still trying to wrap my head around the amount of automated valves I'll need) Also I'm not sure how hard they are to add after the fact.

Also which valves are better the intellivalve actuator or valve actuator (box that bolts on top)?

I'm thinking the following will need automated valves
- 1 to select between pool suction and spa suction
- 1 to select between pool returns and spa returns
- 1 to turn bubblers on and off if we want it

Sorry another question on lighting...….. I was planning 4 Pentair microbrites for the pool. Reading online it sounds like they should be 4' from the edge of the pool and then around 8' spacing. our pool is 34' so if I do 4' on both ends and then 8' between them I will be pretty close. Does anyone have a different recommendation of placement?

Just to make sure I'm following. You're recommending manual diverter valves like this Amazon.com : Pentair 263029 Grey/Black Diverter Valve 2-Way 2-Inch (2-1/2-Inch Slip Outside), PVC, Grey/Black : Swimming Pool Filter Valves : Garden & Outdoor to balance the flow and then I'll only need automated valves on the other stuff (still trying to wrap my head around the amount of automated valves I'll need)

Yes, that valve is much better then the ball valves.

Also I'm not sure how hard they are to add after the fact.

Add what after the fact?

Also which valves are better the intellivalve actuator or valve actuator (box that bolts on top)?

They both bolt on the top of a diverter valve.

Today they are functionally equivalent. The IntelliValve you can set the two stop ponts thorugh the control panle. With the standard actuator you open up the box and set the cams mechanically. Pentair continues tp promise they will relase support for the IntelliVale "someday soon".

I'm thinking the following will need automated valves
- 1 to select between pool suction and spa suction
- 1 to select between pool returns and spa returns
- 1 to turn bubblers on and off if we want it

Correct

Add what after the fact

Additional actuators
They both bolt on the top of a diverter valve.

Didn't realize that I thought one was it's own valve

So it sounds like I really don't need more than the 2 that comes with the automation system right off the bat unless I want to control the bubblers separately

Additional actuators

You can screw an actuator onto any diverter valve if you have an open connection to plug it into.

So it sounds like I really don't need more than the 2 that comes with the automation system right off the bat unless I want to control the bubblers separately

Correct.

Lay out your plumbing runs on paper. Figure out what supply amd returns yiu will have amd if they are homeruns or stacked lines. Pipe size doeant matter yet. Then you lay out the valving and what you want to control. Only a simple pool is plumbed on the fly. A setup like yours takes a plan. What automation panel are you planning?

Lay out your plumbing runs on paper. Figure out what supply amd returns yiu will have amd if they are homeruns or stacked lines. Pipe size doeant matter yet. Then you lay out the valving and what you want to control. Only a simple pool is plumbed on the fly. A setup like yours takes a plan. What automation panel are you planning?

Pentair intellicenter

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.