Pool vacuum for dummies

CWM

Jul 9, 2019
Trussville, AL
Please help. I have an Intex AGP 12x24 with an Intex pump. I bought an Aqua EZ vacuum and I'm guessing the air needs to be out of the hose before I start the pump. I attached the hose to the pump inlet directly on the pump, but there didn't seem to be any water flowing into the pump. I'm guessing this is because the hose is full of air?? There is no fitting to attach the hose to the ' water out' fitting on the inside of the pool.

CWM, if you are still struggling with this, there are a couple ways to purge the air out of the hose:
1: Before connecting the hose to the skimmer or pump, drop the hose in the water and put one end against the return jet to fill it up. water will push air out the other end. Try to keep the hose submerged until you connect it for vacuuming.
2: Connect one end to the vacuum head attachment, then slowly push it down underwater along with the hose. The water will slowly push the air out of the other end until you are ready to connect it.

You may have a little amount of air reminaing, but not nearly as much as if you didn't purge it at all. Hope that helps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.