Was vacuuming pile of leaves at bottom of pool and now I have low psi when pool hose attached.

lexanoroc

May 29, 2022
Pennsylvania l
Prior to this, it’s evident I had air getting into the system, the return jet in the deep end outputs air. I have linked a video of both jets and the filter. The other jet in the shallow end seems fine. It should also be noted the concrete around the pool is being redone so it’s safe to say there was also shards mixed in with the leaves.

This most recent vacuum session, I was getting the leaves at the bottom and there was a change, I lost suction. When the hose is disconnected, the system seemingly works fine, pressure is just under 15. Now, when that hose is attached, even without vacuum attachment, the pressure is around 3 psi. The vacuum hose line seems clear, but I guess I can’t be absolutely sure. Is the culprit most likely when vacuuming the last time I worsened the air leak and now when the hose is attached, it makes the problem even worse? Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Prior to this, it’s evident I had air getting into the system, the return jet in the deep end outputs air. I have linked a video of both jets and the filter. The other jet in the shallow end seems fine. It should also be noted the concrete around the pool is being redone so it’s safe to say there was also shards mixed in with the leaves.

This most recent vacuum session, I was getting the leaves at the bottom and there was a change, I lost suction. When the hose is disconnected, the system seemingly works fine, pressure is just under 15. Now, when that hose is attached, even without vacuum attachment, the pressure is around 3 psi. The vacuum hose line seems clear, but I guess I can’t be absolutely sure. Is the culprit most likely when vacuuming the last time I worsened the air leak and now when the hose is attached, it makes the problem even worse? Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

You've clogged you suction plumbing by vacuuming leaves (a big no-no). Get yourself a Drain King, put it into the inlet plumbing in front of the pump (open lid, remove basket, push it in as far as it will go), remove the skimmer basket, and turn it on. Be prepared to scoop out leaves from the skimmer. May take awhile.
615cXDK1SeL._AC_SY450_.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.