Pool Renovation in Henderson NV

Re: Pool Renovation in NV

Done!
Well mostly lol...deck is done, pool is plastered and filled with water!! Put 3 hoses it in and it was filled in about 9 hours, checked the meter and my estimate was correct, we are just over 15k gallons.
We'll get the fence in next weekend, hopefully! Landscaping and block wall update is going to have to wait till it cools down...it's 110+ degrees here. We are going to have the exterior of the house painted soon. We are replacing the 2 doors that go out to the backyard, they were special order and just arrived. Busy busy, but at least we'll have a pool to cool off in!

This was a cool reflection when it was filling...the last pic of the day, because it finished filling after dark.

Finished deck minus the fence.

MOM! Look our pool has water in it! Can we get in now???

Love it!

Kim:kim:
They got in this weekend!! I'll post an update after next weekend :).

Your remodel has come out great! Very happy for you all
Thanks! Really loving the travertine and can thank you for the push to go that direction.

Crazy good renovation! Looks awesome! It's has such cleaner lines all around! Thanks for the help on my build!

jimi
Thanks! Loving your pool also, you're doing great figuring it all out!

Job well done...
Thanks!

Water is clearing up nicely, wavy and calm waters.

Since water color is a common question, this is an accurate representation of my color in full light in the middle of the day.

Pups got to take their first swim this weekend, here's Phoenix chilling on his new swim deck. He's partially paralyzed, so he can't swim, but he loves being in the water!

More pics to come next weekend. Thanks to all who have followed along.

His face says it all! "THANKS MOM!"

That water is so pretty! Look at it shine like a jewel :sun: You are doing a great job maintaining it.

I can't remember if we told you about hair nets from Amazon to help catch the dog hair. Here is the link just in case you need it:

Amazon.com: Disposable Hair Net, Spun-Bonded Polypropylene, White, 100 per Bag: Sports Outdoors

Thanks!
I was reading about those earlier and I actually had a question...how do you use a skimmer net with a "Skimmer Angel" handle?
Luckily, none of the pups shed much and it hasn't been a problem before, but I was considering trying a net just to see what happened.

I would just poke a couple of small holes for the screws to go through. Look at your cartridge and see if you need them but they are cheap and easy so it might be worth it just to keep from having to deal with dog hair.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Here's a couple new pics, we are now 5 weeks since completion of the renovation.

We only have 1 light, changed it from an old basic light to an Intellibrite 5G LED colored light, here's what it looks like on the white setting. Honestly, it's not very impressive with the other colors and I'm sure the dark plaster doesn't help any, but the colors only light up about 1/2-3/4 of the pool.

And with the light off.

But the clear water is impressive even at night ;).

Got the dog fence installed, just have to finish up cutting some of the pavers around the posts. It's a DIY fence, everything bought from Lowe's and was a pretty easy install.

Sorry for the poor quality, took these at dusk and they didn't come out well...but I wanted to show how much we love the change to the sun deck. It's perfect for all the pups! Tank is the one without the vest, he's a great swimmer and loves the pool. Georgie is the one with the vest, she likes water, but doesn't like swimming. Phoenix is the Frenchie, he's paralyzed, he loves the water, but of course he can't swim.

Tired dog is a happy dog, right!

Next part of the project is landscaping!

Tired and happy dogs! That is purrfect for them!!

You could put a pretty post lamp in that area where the light does not reach. I love them and should be easy to do.

Look at that TFP water!! You are nailing it!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.