Pool Reno....

special foamy shoes in action!

And yup - once we start the hose, it will run nonstop until the water trucks arrive. Temperature outside was actually falling throughout the day, but under the tarp it is nice and toasty warm.

44FEB9B4-8E62-47C4-96A2-C427F252A47D.jpeg

Last edited:
Man that looks S.M.O.O.T.H.!!!

What are they going to put in the gaps between the coping and plaster?

I want everyone to look at the beginning of that video. They set everything up nice and neat when they were setting up. You can tell they had done this times.

Just how many people were there? It looked like a LOT!

Kim:kim:

Sorry - have been on the road again!

Work continues on the landscaping and we hope to have that wrapped up over the next week. Until then, we’ve been scrubbing twice a day and waiting for a lot of the odds and ends to be taken care of (new railings, ladders, gas hookup for the heater, lighting, deck acid washing, etc).

Here is the current view....

2F8BFB04-DCBE-42AC-8F99-96CE14E829ED.jpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
OH I LOVE that water color!!! So pretty!!! Have you been able to enjoy the hottub yet?

No dice on the spa. Waiting for final gas line hookup and same with the tub booster pump. Hopefully soon!

What color and material is the pool plaster?

Pool plaster is plain old white! 5 materials were mixed for the plaster:

1 - Omya Snowwhite 21 (limestone)
2 - White Portland Cement
3 - White Masonry Cement
4 - Silica Sand
5 - Water

DE0101C9-E0F6-4FAD-BCF3-F81004E8A23F.jpeg

What is the plan/purpose of the 4x4 post that was cut flush in the near end of the photo above.

The 4x4 post was inserted into a sleeve that was installed into the deck for the pool basketball net. After the concrete was set the post was taken out and now a cover is over the sleeve for when the net isn’t installed. We also put in two sleeves for water volleyball net poles too. Can’t wait for the gas man to hook things up!

The electrician finished up his work today. First nighttime pic with the lights on....

C681877E-E9DF-42F4-9372-F04CA0DE2C81.jpeg

2AF5BF9B-AF6E-4442-9ECD-7FD59B1AA448.jpeg

Reactions: kimmielea
Pool company has left me with a Taylor K-1004 kit for testing. What else should should I be adding to this kit?

Readings from this morning:

Alkalinity: 80
PH: 7.6
Chlorine: 2
Stabilizer: low!
CH: 150

We are raising the alkalinity and adding calcium to raise the hardness.

(And yes, I will work on updating my signature to include what equipment I have!)

Tht is an okay basic test kit. It is missing a couple important tests. The cya (how do you know it is low?) and the power test for FC. The fc test that kit had only goes to 5. You can go to the link in my siggy below to find these two tests. You might be better off just getting the whole tf-100 though as you are going to need to replace those regents fairly quick as there is not much in that kit.

Tht is an okay basic test kit. It is missing a couple important tests. The cya (how do you know it is low?) and the power test for FC. The fc test that kit had only goes to 5. You can go to the link in my siggy below to find these two tests. You might be better off just getting the whole tf-100 though as you are going to need to replace those regents fairly quick as there is not much in that kit.

Ok. Thanks. I’ll check with the PB if he has the TF-100 (hope he can get it since he gave me the K-1004!). The pool service guy brought additional equipment with him when he did the testing this morning and gave me the rundown on the values (they have a very active service department taking care of pools and we are on that list for a month).

...and the first people in the spa??? My son and a bunch of his buddies... ?

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.