Pool Reno....

Burfcr

Bronze Supporter
May 5, 2018
Burlington, ON
Yahooo!! Well we didn't have sunshine, but we didn't have rain either! Not all of the concrete was poured (we knew it would be a multi-step process), but they did make some good progress on things. Video is below....

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
That looks awesome!!! They did get a lot done! Have you been bonding with it? aka watering it. That helps slow the curing and helps with cracking.

Kim:kim:

Burfcr

Bronze Supporter
May 5, 2018
Burlington, ON
That looks awesome!!! They did get a lot done! Have you been bonding with it? aka watering it. That helps slow the curing and helps with cracking.
I'm actually on the road so the Mrs. has taken over watering duty. The guys wont be back until next week to do round two of the concrete, then its off to do the pool clean up, tile, and then Marbelite!! (with the finishing landscaping taking place at the same time). I don't think we will hit the June 1 target date, but it shouldn't go to far into June.

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Man that is looking awesome!! You can really tell they have worked together before. Each one had their job and got it done!!! Had to laugh at the first attempt to cover with the plastic..........that was fixed fast!

Yeah JUST tile and plaster but that should go fast if it is the same kind of crew you have had working on this so far!

Burfcr

Bronze Supporter
May 5, 2018
Burlington, ON
And the decking is done! Couple pics of the views...

The spa
85C57A85-5CDB-4FA0-8147-94FD2CFE94B4.jpeg

View from the Fire Pit
4320233F-4F10-4ED7-83CF-D017FB7C8E2D.jpeg

View of the spa from the shallow end
E46AF536-A957-4377-AF3A-64693CA8BF37.jpeg

(And yes, we are watering the concrete!)

Last edited:

Arizonarob

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
TFP Guide
Mar 25, 2018
Chandler Arizona
Man that decking is cool looking. What is the maintenance factor with that, as far as keeping the stones from poking up over time? Sealing?

Burfcr

Bronze Supporter
May 5, 2018
Burlington, ON
Oh I LOVE that corner sliding door! How neat is that! Where does it lead to?

Corner sliding door leads to the great room (~800 sq feet of kitchen/living room/dining room). Its great as its surrounded by glass with great views of the backyard and pool. The following is from our blueprint plans when we did the reno a few years back.

Burfcr

Bronze Supporter
May 5, 2018
Burlington, ON
Man that decking is cool looking. What is the maintenance factor with that, as far as keeping the stones from poking up over time? Sealing?
Maintenance is pretty much non-existent. Over the next couple of months we will lose some of the stone that wasn't "anchored" into the concrete, but then after that there isn't much to do. No need for sealant or any future maintenance with the exception of the odd power wash when it gets a little dirty.

Reactions: Arizonarob

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Are the faint lines how it used to be? I LOVE that new area! I bet that is where the major "living" takes place now! Well done!

Is there a door leading to the bathroom from outside?

Burfcr

Bronze Supporter
May 5, 2018
Burlington, ON
Is there a door leading to the bathroom from outside?
The house is actually a side split and that bedroom/bathroom is actually up a few stairs from the main level with the great room. That being said, the stairs that you see go down into the basement from the pool deck where there is a nicely tiled bathroom for pool use (go in soaking wet as it doesn't matter!

Thread starter Other Threads of Interest Forum Replies Date
R Under Construction 4
Jon123 Under Construction 11
R Under Construction 2

Other Threads of Interest