Pool Reno....

Was all set to order a new kit recommended from the site (with a whale pool brush!) and then got to the end where I found out they don’t ship to Canada. Really need to find a local distributor/store so I can get that ordered as I’m pretty sure we are going to end up with water in the pool over the next two weeks.

Right now tho we have RAIN on tap for the next three days. The tiling is coming to a halt and there certainly is no plaster in the forecast. On a positive note, the stone masons are here starting work on the fire pit. ?

Did you have any umbrella sleeves installed in the decking?

No umbrella sleeves - but we did put in water volleyball net sleeves and a basketball net sleeve! I’m sure the kids and their friends will enjoy.

The EXCITING news is that they are planning on doing the plaster this Friday!! (I thought for sure it wouldn’t be until next week). Super pumped (and nervous) as I read some of the new plaster start up horror stories!

That was my same thought! I so hope you can pick their brains and watch how THEY do the plaster so we can point to your video and notes and say "This is how a GREAT plaster job is done!".

I will most definitely be home for the plaster job! (which is amazing that the timing is working out, currently on a cross Canada tour and will be coming home late Thursday night and was planning on taking Friday off as a vacation day). Totally looking forward to being there for the plaster job and will take video, pics and will chat with the crew during the process.

I'm not entirely sure how much the Nest cam is going to pic up tho as they will be covering the pool with some sort of tarp structure to eliminate the risk of things dropping into the pool during the process and also to keep the sun off the surface as its being worked on.

Reactions: kimkats
Yup - and the tenting materials are showing up on site for Friday. The advanced weather forecast is looking good too! I may see if I can move the Nest camera to a better spot for the work when it takes place.... (and check out the firepit in the back corner - its coming together).

Reactions: Arizonarob

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Oh, and don’t forget to take pictures of your finished plaster, before and after fill, and post them in This thread, along with the color names and finish.
It helps others when picking out finishes and colors. (Wouldn’t hurt to toss in some pics of your decking too!) :cheers:

And it’s the calm before the storm - some pictures of the fire pit and some of the fun footwear the guys will wear tomorrow....

Not a great photo - it’s the hose that will bring in the plaster.
398AB46F-C612-4C30-B09C-64C6928E074D.jpeg

Pool lights are in.
799EAE6B-9567-446F-B3BF-B7BFD6996F4C.jpeg

The fire pit! (Looove it!)
540CFC2D-AFC5-4405-AD0E-BA5CE3F15F9D.jpeg

Funky footwear.
98A0A457-4F07-4B7E-B78E-A1969A022874.jpeg

Even funkier footwear!
3AE5AE73-5A27-4DE6-8A00-A7676A6434F8.jpeg

Just right for a plaster job! What start up will they be doing?

Now do NOT turn the water off once it starts filling. Doing so could cause a ring on the pretty, new plaster!!!

How dense is that foam? That is cool! Does each guy have their own set of those wacky shoes?

Kim:kim:

Foam has a medium density I would say. Start up is going to be a straight fill (not the bicarb start-up method). Hose will be going in tonight a few hours after they are done, then tomorrow morning the tanker trucks arrive to finish the fill.

Some pics so far....

65DBCD31-CA3B-4FD1-804E-FDD23C5C421F.jpeg

8763F438-090D-4193-822D-31594BD5B66D.jpeg

146F99DF-312C-4497-BA5B-BAED71A65E3F.jpeg

A4087BB7-CC38-4D7B-BFF2-DA6E84D5E9FC.jpeg

Not going to be able to view the process.. :(
B99D73B2-FDE7-415B-A9CF-B0BDD3164ED9.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Arizonarob

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.