Pool Reno....

Probably won’t see the concrete being poured for a week. They have booked the gas and electrical peeps to do their thing for the firepit and landscape lighting. After that’s done, then they will come back for the decking. The landscape folks were to come back to finish their part after the pool was completed, but I’m now thinking that perhaps they do their thing right after the deck is done and before the plastering takes place. Will yak with the folks to see what the preferred order is....

and we had a very busy April 29th. Forming is all completed for the deck and we also trenched for the gas line and electrical line for the back fire pit. Also decided to put in a french drain to help with the drainage off the patio. The digger was brought out of retirement for that as the pit was dug and 2" line put in.

Today we get the gravel onto the site and on Thursday the gas line goes in. Fingers crossed for concrete next week (we really need some more warmth - talk about a cold spring!!).

Last edited:
Reactions: Arizonarob

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Was there anything in the black dirt she could mess up? She was running back there for a while.

Nope - nothing back there that she can hurt. Tomorrow we have a few fence posts being replaced and then the decking should (hopefully) be poured this week. PB has given the landscaping company the green light to finish the landscaping as soon as the decking is done which will be great - get the plantings and grass in there as we are tired of the mess. Then we just have tile work and marbelite! Fingers crossed we can get everything wrapped up for the June 1 date.

Last edited:
Things don't stop just because its a Sunday! Not as exciting as the pool work or landscaping - its fence repair day!

These guys are fantastic - they come in, take out the rotten fence post, take out the entire sleeve of concrete and then set the new posts and attach the fence again. They are sooooo busy just doing post repair work that they won't build you a new fence. If you want that, go someplace else! When these guys leave the site, you would have zero clue that they were even here. Some pics and of course the video...

Using a tripod to take the old concrete sleeve out of the ground.
IMG_0987.JPG

Look at the size of these things! I should have measured it, but its at least 3-4 feet of solid concrete they have taken out of the ground!
IMG_0988.JPG

And the video:

Reactions: Arizonarob
So many questions (bet you are not surprised LOL)
-the tripods-what did they use to draw/pull the stump up?
-how did you pick which ones they needed to fix?
-did you tell your neighbors they would be working on the fence so they did not let their dog out?
-do your dogs play together?

Kim:kim:

Answers!
  • I found the following video on YouTube and it gives a pretty good idea of how they do it:
  • I went to each post a pushed on them. If they moved, out they come (over the past three years we have now replaced a total of 12 posts - 20 more to go). The entire fence was replaced by the previous owner about 17 years ago. The actual fence panels are in pretty decent shape, but we have been running into the rotting post issue over the past three years. Much, much cheaper to replace the posts then the entire fence which would be about 220 ft of fencing (and we have totally blown the budget on the pool reno. What started as a pool reno turned into adding the gunite spa, expanded decking, fire pit and landscaping!).
  • Yup - let the neighbours know about the work before hand just for that purpose (all 4 houses that abut our backyard have dogs)
  • and yup again - three of the four dogs play together.

Last edited:
They charge per post and they don't have a minimum (they have done 2 for me at one point). They are BUSY tho - I've gotten to know the owner over the past few years and he only came to our place as early as he did due to being a "frequent flyer" and also due to the fact that the backyard is empty right now before all of the plants/trees come in (much easier job). Right now he is working on a backlog of work that goes back to the fall! (which is why he doesnt do new builds, just repair work).

...well a week has gone by and nothing has happened. We need it to STOP raining!!!! If it does, we will have one small concrete pour that has to be done for drainage, then I’ve been told the big concrete pour will happen. A pumpcrete truck will have its boom over the house as they pump concrete for the entire decking in one go.

Patiently waiting for Mr. Sun ☀️

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.