Pool Math........The App

Leebo, Thank you for this web site, it is so helpful. If I am reading the stats right, you just broke another record with the number of visitors. I did a few updates this spring; new liner and new IC40 salt cell. Just filled the pool and discovered you have a new app. Just downloaded it for my iPhone and can't wait to get started. Thanks again!

• Love
Reactions: Leebo
No need to create another page. Just keeping it simple, why not just put the date below the existing reporting line. As they say a picture is worth a thousand words, I've attached a mock up as example.

Also, look at the reporting for CSI values, note that they spill over to two lines. There are other values like this, as you can see in the attachment Salt and Temp also exhibit that issue. Maybe you are already aware, if not bringing to your attention. This is on Android device.

Thanks
View attachment 95153

@bobandsherry you should be pleased with the 3.0.6 update out on android and coming probably tomorrow to iOS ?

Leebo, Thank you for this web site, it is so helpful. If I am reading the stats right, you just broke another record with the number of visitors. I did a few updates this spring; new liner and new IC40 salt cell. Just filled the pool and discovered you have a new app. Just downloaded it for my iPhone and can't wait to get started. Thanks again!

It’s been a blast watching TFP grow and mature. Looking forward to seeing some pics of your new liner!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
@Leebo - PoolMath Logs display time seems to be UTC. I updated my logs at 12:15pm PDT (I’m in AZ and we are MST, which equals PDT in summer) and the forum shared log shows 7:15pm.

Is this by design? I did a quick search and didn’t see the time mentioned elsewhere. Seeing as how we have members from around the globe, I certainly don’t mind the time displayed but it may be confusing to some.

If it matters... iPhone 6 - iOS 12.2
On both iOS and Android, it shows the latest results at 12:15pm today. On site it shows 7:15pm. The 7 hour time difference is correct between PDT/MST and UTC.

Last edited:
Just started to use the paid version of the app and love it. Much easier than my Excel spreadsheet. Not sure if it has been asked before (I only read the last 10 pages / 1 year of this thread), but are there plans for the following updates in future releases:
- Display the user defined target values (or even user defined ranges) on the overview page rather than the TFP recommended ranges
- Add a field to track phosphates. I am aware it is a controversial topic, and general TFP thought is that it does not matter, but some users with SWG may be interested
- Add a field to track user defined numeric values, either if you do not like to includes phosphates in the app or to track SWG output setting

Thanks

Reactions: Flying Tivo
Been running the paid version for some time now. Absolutely indispensable tool!

My enhancement requests may be too small a set of users, but I figure I'll toss them out there:
- support for bromine in my 2k gal swimspa. Yes, I know I can do the math and enter it that way, and I have been ((25ml test water; # of drops x 0.2) x 2.25)
- support to enter my current bromine SWG setting. The settings run from 1-12 (not percentages) for my unit.

Having an issue with the app. After going in to the maintenance selection and toggling the Vacuum and Backwash switches, the app still says Vacuuming and Backwash overdue?
Any assistance is much appreciated .

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.