Pool Math........The App

Spring is coming and I just subscribed to the App (iPhone). I noticed that PoolMath is no longer via this web? It looks like I have to download an App to use it on my computer? I like the update to the site too. Anyhow, it's going to take some getting used to, but I can already see myself loving it.

The web version is still aviable to use however is no longer being put "front and center" as before. Additionally new features will not be added to the version. You can still find that version here.

Thank you for the kind words!!

Spring is coming and I just subscribed to the App (iPhone). I noticed that PoolMath is no longer via this web? It looks like I have to download an App to use it on my computer? I like the update to the site too. Anyhow, it's going to take some getting used to, but I can already see myself loving it.

Mendy, you are going to love it. Once you input all your pool info into it, then start adding test results, the app will do it all for you from there.
It’s all I’ve ever used since joining TFP, and IMO is so much easier doing it from my phone, vs a laptop or computer. :cheers:

I was just nosing around in the app and I am looking forward to being able make the switch to app only for my pool digest, instead of notebook and app, now that SWG tracking has been added! Along with all the other enhancements, like detailed expense tracking and the summary feature.

Great job!

Reactions: Leebo
I'm not entirely sure what you mean or how you got into that state, but there have been some other Android users saying that after the app's been open awhile it tends to get the "Phone Gone Swimming" error. In the next update which should be released within the next few days, I have changed some network settings in the Android app which I think should help take care of this.

Your issue sounds potentially similar, but also potentially different. I'm not sure how you're getting the log screen showing up with CC and Water Temp visible if your pool settings are not setup that way. Do you have multiple pools setup in the app? How are you accessing the "New Test Log" page, from in the app, or the long press launcher icon shortcut?.

I'm sorry, I didn't see this reply until now. I only have a single pool set up. I don't know why I intermittently saw the CC and Water Temp options before I enabled them in the settings, I only know they sometimes showed up in the logging page, and when they did, the log wouldn't save. I've been using the app for the past couple weeks now without any recurrence of the issue.

Thanks,
Matt

I am trying to understand how to backup my pool data. When I select "Backup Data" I only get the option to Export Backup. When I press it, I get a notification that it is "Generating Backup". However I cannot see any backups while in the app. Do I physically have to leave the app and search for .poolbackup file on my phone?

Also the same thing basically happens when I export all Test Logs. I do not see where it exported the Test Logs too.

Ugh! I am an idiot! There is a Windows 10 app where you can access your Pool Math on your phone. OMG...it is sync'd. I have lost my mind. Never mind the question above. :)

Reactions: Arizonarob
Mendy, you are going to love it. Once you input all your pool info into it, then start adding test results, the app will do it all for you from there.
It’s all I’ve ever used since joining TFP, and IMO is so much easier doing it from my phone, vs a laptop or computer. :cheers:

Yeah! I think I would love the app. I've been messing around with the App for weeks now. Awesome.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Is there anyway I could suggest an update for the app so that you can log new tests without being connected to the internet? I use a wifi tablet out on the road and Im not able to log my results per pool. I'd really like to use the app but may not be able to.

Is there anyway I could suggest an update for the app so that you can log new tests without being connected to the internet? I use a wifi tablet out on the road and Im not able to log my results per pool. I'd really like to use the app but may not be able to.

Can you tether your tablet to your cell phone and use the data plan on the phone to upload the data? Or install the app on your cell phone? Either way - once the tablet is connected to wifi again, all the data will be there across multiple devices as long as you use the same login credentials.

Well Im not that up to date with current tech. I don't have a smart phone capable of apps. I'm all for uploading to the cloud once I am able but, like I said. My tablet doesn't connect to wifi out on the road. I know I'm probably the only person requesting this so, definately no point in investing Time making an an option.

I like the new version of PoolMath. Two questions.

1. For SWG output, for the Hayward T-9 Cell is shows daily output is .7 lbs/day. Not sure where that came from, according to Haywards site it's .98 lbs/day. All three cells seem to be slightly off compared to Hayward's output specs for their cells. Here's link to Hayward, this shows output for each as follows:Hayward Residential and Commercial Pool Products   Compare Products.png

2. How can I see the date that I last backwashed my filter? I thought this would show under the "Summary", but while it shows the # of times it doesn't tell me the date. That would be useful information to put there, no? Or is there another place I've overlooked to find that (other than scrolling through all the difference log entries?

Thanks

Reactions: Leebo
Thank you for that link! I'll send it over to Jon shortly.

Just to check on this since it wasn't answered, is there any way to easily find the date filter was last backwashed?

I like the new version of PoolMath. Two questions.
2. How can I see the date that I last backwashed my filter? I thought this would show under the "Summary", but while it shows the # of times it doesn't tell me the date. That would be useful information to put there, no? Or is there another place I've overlooked to find that (other than scrolling through all the difference log entries?

Thanks

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.