Pool math app. Does it need internet all the time?

moore887

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
In The Industry
Aug 14, 2018
CAPE CORAL
I'm getting an error today in the app (did your phone go swimming?). Can I not save my results and sync later? I know the internet is working on my phone.

We're back in action. I restarted the app and loaded my results in.again.. I will have to get herself to make me up a ln exel sheet that I can fill in with all the entries that are in the pool math app for internet outages.

Samsung Galaxy s9+ on Xfinity but on wifi at the time of the problem. I wonder if the app is launched without internet, can it save to the cloud when Internet becomes available or must the app be restarted?

Right now there is no offline support in the app. It's something we are definitely thinking of adding but probably not until next year. There does seem to be a bug that in some scenarios on android, the app thinks there is no internet connection and trying to save causes it to fail, but I haven't been able to reproduce the issue yet...

As a rule the app really only syncs for new data occasionally. One way as you've found is to pull to refresh the timeline which doesn't work on the overview. The app is supposed to refresh the overview when you open or switch to it from another app or home screen but it sounds like that's not working for you either. We probably could consider adding pull to refresh on the overview as a force to reload mechanism.

Eventually we may implement some sort of push notification to other devices on the same account o notify of updates but it's no simple task and doesn't benefit as many users as other features.

I will be looking at adding background refresh in the near future too so the app can periodically check for updated data and have it ready without needing to launch the app.

Hopefully adding pull to refresh on the overview and maybe adding more refresh checks will make things work well enough for you?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.