Oklahoma City, OK
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
I have this metal top that covers the wiring to the pool light. Previous owner had silicone around it. Well now it's rusted and came out. Any suggestions?

20220210_182411.jpg
20220210_182407.jpg

That doesn’t look like a junction box. Maybe it is but it’s just full of debris? 🤷‍♀️
At any rate there should be a weather proof junction box there. If there isn’t one it may require some chipping to get one in.

Looks like it could be a round weatherproof bell box to me.... but what's it filled up with?

Hi coach.
have you checked what those white fibres coming out of the cable sheath are?
I think I am going to have to bust open that deck extend the wiring away from the deck and put a junction box away from the pool. I think all the newer pools have it this way

I think I am going to have to bust open that deck extend the wiring away from the deck and put a junction box away from the pool. I think all the newer pools have it this way
You will still need a box in that location- you must have a junction box if there’s a splice or joints. Unless there’s a pipe & u can pull a whole new run of wire.

You will still need a box in that location- you must have a junction box if there’s a splice or joints. Unless there’s a pipe & u can pull a whole new run of wire.
May be worth my while to call this american home shield and spend this $75 for a warranty i never use

Reactions: Mdragger88

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Are your pool lights on a GFCI protected circuit?

The NEC says the pool light junction box must be located not less than 4 in. above the ground or permanently installed pool, outdoor spa, or outdoor hot tub deck, or not less than 8 in. above the maximum water level. And it must be at least 4 feet away form the inside pool wall.

img_0779-002-jpg.79229

The NEC says the pool light junction box must be located not less than 4 in. above the ground or permanently installed pool, outdoor spa, or outdoor hot tub deck, or not less than 8 in. above the maximum water level. And it must be at least 4 feet away form the inside pool wall.

img_0779-002-jpg.79229
That is my concern am I going to have to bring it up to code?

That is my concern am I going to have to bring it up to code?

You do not have to bring it up to code. Your pool is probably grandfathered with whatever code at the time it was built.

With a GFCI circuit your risk is low with the connection in the deck. You can find the best waterproof box to put in the deck. At some point you may start getting GFCI trips.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.