What type and wattage of led pool light is acceptable?

Adwizard

Oct 30, 2021
Cape Coral, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
My old pool led light seems to work sporadically. I'm assuming it's wearing out. I want to replace it but I can't seem to find the correct bulb or wattage for a replacement. I have a 12V system and I think the old led light is a 35W. At least it says that on the old box I found in the previous owner's garage.. I recently purchased the home with a pool. Yet I can't seem to find a replacement. I see 12V - 40watts, 12V - 50w watts, 12V - 36W but not a 35W. My 35W led bulb for a 12V system uses a remore control. Are 35W led bulbs difficult to find? Or not made anymore? Can I use a 40w? Could it be my pool light system can handle greater wattage but the previous owner just put in a 35W led bulb? Any insights? Thanks.

My old pool led light seems to work sporadically. I'm assuming it's wearing out. I want to replace it but I can't seem to find the correct bulb or wattage for a replacement. I have a 12V system and I think the old led light is a 35W. At least it says that on the old box I found in the previous owner's gargae.. I recently purchased the home with a pool. Yet I can't seem to find a replacement. I see 12V - 40watts, 12V - 50w watts, 12V - 36W but not a 35W. My 35W led bulb for a 12V system uses a remore control. Are 35W led bulbs difficult to find? Or not made anymore? Can I use a 40w? Could it be my pool light system can handle greater wattage but the previous owner just put in a 35W led bulb? Any insights? Thanks.
What light is the bulb going into? What brand of bulb do you have now? Is it a color LED? If it you have a 12v light that originally had an incandescent bulb, the fixture would have been rated for 300w, so any pool LED you can find would work. Your transformer would likely be at least 100w so that shouldn't be an issue.

Reactions: Mdragger88