Pool Is Green With High Chlorine Reading

I added the DE to the sand filter through the skimmer following the directions from the site. However, after adding almost 2 cups of DE the PSI had barely increased. I don't believe I have an issue with the filter gauge since it goes to 0 when off and reads normal when filtering. Could I have an issue with the sand filter? I'm going to let it run to see if it works at all, but I found that odd.

Before I started the SLAM process I had to change the gasket of my multi port valve due to leaking from backwash line. I didn't mention that at first because I didn't think much of it but not sure if I am experiencing an issue from that. I felt the sand filter was functioning properly but I don't recall a start up for me that has taken this long so I'm trying to think of everyone that could be causing it.

Just to update PSI has risen by 5% since adding the DE, so not as much as I anticipated but it is at least risen so I don't believe the filter has a problem. The Metal Magic has arrived and I was planning on when to add it. I passed the OCLT and pool clarity is very good besides being light green so at this point I am operating under the assumption of metals in the water. I mentioned before that they recommend adding it when FC is at 1-3 ppm but based on my CYA, I need to keep the pool around 5-7. It doesn't seem like a huge difference but I didn't know if that would be high enough that it would interfere with the way the sequestrant works and nullify it at all. Thoughts?

I spoke with someone at ProTeam who recommended I abide by the directions on the bottle and let FC drop to 1-3 ppm. He said you basically want as little chlorine in the pool as possible. I tested this morning and I was at 8 FC, but I am just above my current target range of 5-7 based on 40 CTA. I don't want to let my FC drop below the min level but I also don't want it to be high enough that the Metal Magic won't work. Thoughts on best strategy here?