Pool filter ruined

lil,

So, just so that we are all on the same page... You have a pump and a filter.. The filter does not use any electricity, but of course the pump/motor does..

Show us a pic of the cut cord... and where it connects to the motor.. it could be as simple as replacing or patching the cord.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Looks like Intex has changed up their sand filter sizes since I had mine. The 2800 or 3000 would be fine for you, but bigger better. I had an 18x48 easy set for 4-5 years. I used the cartridge filter for months, finally upgrading to the sand filter made a night and day difference in water quality and ease of maintenance, never would have waited that long to switch if I knew then what I know now.

Reactions: lilphatma

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
One option is to cut off the damaged part of the power cord and install a new plug. If the plug is not damaged and has a few inches of undamaged cord still attached you could splice the plug back onto the undamaged length of cord, and cover the splice with an electrical shrink sleeve. If this is something you are not comfortable trying yourself, ask around. You may have a friend who can help, or you may be able to locate a handyman/repair shop that could do this for you. You might even try calling an electrician for some repair recommendations. Your cord will be much shorter after the repair.

Most of the time the power cord is attached to the pump with screws under the pump casing. If you could post a picture of the whole pump/filter combo looking down on the top of it we may be able to identify how to remove the casing to access the power cord. Before removing the power cord take photos of how everything is attached. Once you remove the power cord take it to a hardware store and get a replacement cord of the same type and size, and connect it to the pump using your photo for reference.

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.