Pool Cover

Pamela01

Aug 15, 2014
Hattiesburg, MS
You asked me a lot of questions, but never answered the question that I asked. The question I asked is, my pool measures 18 x 36. What size pool cover do I need? Do I get one larger than the pool, or the same size as the pool?

blazer58

Silver Supporter
May 29, 2018
Chicago, IL
the norm would be app 1-2 feet larger than your pool size.
If your only covering up a green pool to sell the house anything close would work

RMcGirr83

Gold Supporter
Nov 19, 2018
Tuscola, TX
FYI, if you know something is wrong with the pool and/or equipment and it isn't disclosed, when the new owners find out they will have recourse against you.

Pamela01

Aug 15, 2014
Hattiesburg, MS
FYI, if you know something is wrong with the pool and/or equipment and it isn't disclosed, when the new owners find out they will have recourse against you.
I am not trying to hide anything. I just temporarily want to cover the pool. When I get ready to sell, the pool will not have a cover on it.

Rancho Cost-a-Lotta

Silver Supporter
Apr 10, 2018
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Yes. Trim the solar cover to fit inside the pool. It will float on top of the water. Any other type of cover will require some method of keeping it in place. You won't need to secure the solar cover. Just buy the cheapest cover you can find. I would go with 8 mil thickness.