Pool concrete deck painting and coping question

pppaaattteeerrr

Jul 20, 2020
New Canaan, CT
HI everyone,

New to the forum and have a question. We have a concrete deck that has never been painted or stained in 15 years with some cracking but not much honestly. We are thinking of improving the look, powerwashing and painting it and wondering what products are recommended (Cool, etc.) and colors (sand or tan are our thoughts currently) We are in CT. Also, wondering if there is a suggestion regarding coping around our pool and suggestions of adding that as well. Cam a painter also do coping.

I have included photos

Attachments

• IMG_4417.JPG
    IMG_4417.JPG
    594.4 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_4416.JPG
    IMG_4416.JPG
    570.9 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_4415.JPG
    IMG_4415.JPG
    824.9 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_4414.JPG
    IMG_4414.JPG
    597 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_4413.JPG
    IMG_4413.JPG
    655.6 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_4412.JPG
    IMG_4412.JPG
    800.8 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_4411.JPG
    IMG_4411.JPG
    855 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_4410.JPG
    IMG_4410.JPG
    483.2 KB · Views: 39
Welcome to TFP.

Powerwash the deck to get rid of the grime on it.

I doubt that painting the concrete will last more than a few years before it starts wearing and peeling in places. Long term I think a painted deck will look worse and be more of a maintenance headache then what you have now.

Welcome to TFP.

Powerwash the deck to get rid of the grime on it.

I doubt that painting the concrete will last more than a few years before it starts wearing and peeling in places. Long term I think a painted deck will look worse and be more of a maintenance headache then what you have now.
Right on ajw22. For 41 years now i am going to stain / paint / coat with something my own concrete pool deck. When it comes down to the time to decide on which product i chicken out. I know i can make it look great for a short while and then i think of the work coming soon to re do it and have it blend in. I have a friend that owns a concrete plant and he said even the colored cement they add has had issues over the years and no way to correct it.

Reactions: pppaaattteeerrr
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.