Pool Cloudy, Chemicals Seem Good

Jan 17, 2018
DFW Metroplex
Good morning y'all, been dealing with a stubborn cloudy pool for a while now. Only problem is that we seem to be doing things right, at least imo. Here are the current test results from the T-2006.

pH: 7.5
FC: 7.5 (I had bumped it up a while back when the pool was cloudy w/ shock)
CC: <0.5
TA: 50
CH: 110
NaCl: 3100
CYA: 45

I've had it sitting in this sweet spot for our vinyl liner pool for a while now, but no matter how many days I keep running the filter and vacuuming/backwashing/cleaning filter baskets, the pool is continuously cloudy.

I put some clarifier in the pool two days ago to try to accumulate the particles to no avail. Starting to run out of options - any ideas?

If you are absolutely convinced you have no organics in your pool, then try Add DE to a Sand Filter - Trouble Free Pool
Be sure you have time to baby sit the filter as it should need backwashing fairly quickly.

Also, when was the last time you deep cleaned the sand in the filter? I see you used clarifier, do you do that often?

OK -- then try the DE.

If you ever really want to use clarifier, which we do not recommend, please get quality product. SeaKlear or Orenda. It is not cheap.

Is it correct to assume that any added DE would get washed out with backwashing (and would therefore have to be re-added)?
Yes -- thus the baby sit comment. You add enough DE to get a 1 psi rise above clean filter pressure. Filter until your pressure rises by 25% over clean pressure, backwash, rinse, repeat. Might do it many times during a single day.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.