Jackson, NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I'm here in NJ and usually open my IG pool in early May each year. Looking at the forecast for tomorrow, we are expecting possible record highs in the upper 80's before it cools back down Thursday and Friday. I'm hoping this one day of heat won't be enough to trigger an algae bloom. I was planning on opening the pool this coming weekend, but tomorrow is not possible. Any thoughts or tips?

I doubt the water temperature will rise all that much with one or two warm days. The pool is covered, correct?

Reactions: Triplejnj
You'll be fine, I'm in Westchester, NY and am expecting the same temps (mesh cover too) & am opening this weekend. Just check your pool temps today/tonight & tomorrow mid afternoon if you can.

If you want to be extra cautious, go ahead and remove a corner of your cover and drop some chlorine in there and use the brush to disturb the water a bit

Yeah, it's a mesh safety cover that they claim blocks 98% UV but I think that's largely exaggerated
I had a mesh cover that to me was ‘solid’ until I found out otherwise here. Even held up to the sunlight I had to struggle to see any hairline seams in the weaving.

I haven’t heard much about them in the last few years but when I bought mine there were 2 meshes available. (95 and 98% maybe?) I got the denser 98% expecting some sort of screen door like look. In hindsight it makes more sense that the 2% of the missing weaving is overwhelmed by the 98% that is there.

Believe me, I will question any manufacturers claims in any industry...... but I kinda really believe them here. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.