Polaris VRX iQ+

What number did you call? When I called they told me I would have to take up the issue with Leslie’s directly and would need to purchase it from Leslie’s.
It's the Carlsbad, California number in the manual. Sorry everything I have is out of house right now due to flooring being replaced Monday. A few others on here called them and got mixed results as well. Depends on who, what, how you talk to them, I guess?
Basically, I said it wasn't working for the job I purchased it for. That all the dust is still in the bottom of pool no matter how many times I run it. The guy I spoke with did mention something about Leslie's should have told me about fine basket, and I replied, this is my first robot I don't know about that thing. Good luck.

Reactions: Treypm3
I was misled by Polaris people about it getting onto Baja / Sun shelf.

I sent them several emails prior to purchase asking if the Polaris VRX IQ+ would have any trouble doing my pool shelf. 3 different Polaris tech support people responded. I have all the emails saved. They said so long as my umbrella is removed from the pool shelf there would be no issues with it automatically cleaning my shelf without manual control.
I've ran it for 10 hours now. I've ran smart cycle twice. It doesn't clean my pool shelf period.

They've ignored my emails since I've asked them about it.

On a side note. Leslie couldn't even tell me if it has a 3 year warranty or 2 year warranty.
So after watching the video. I can tell you that is exactly how mine runs when in the bottom only mode. Have you tried deep clean mode that does bottom, walls. Waterline everything?

I was misled by Polaris people about it getting onto Baja / Sun shelf.

I sent them several emails prior to purchase asking if the Polaris VRX IQ+ would have any trouble doing my pool shelf. 3 different Polaris tech support people responded. I have all the emails saved. They said so long as my umbrella is removed from the pool shelf there would be no issues with it automatically cleaning my shelf without manual control.
I've ran it for 10 hours now. I've ran smart cycle twice. It doesn't clean my pool shelf period.

They've ignored my emails since I've asked them about it.

On a side note. Leslie couldn't even tell me if it has a 3 year warranty or 2 year warranty.
That’s a significant detail. You’ll want to know. It’ll be needed.

Reactions: Fishy1234
I demo'd a P965 a few weeks ago. I have a shelf on one end of my pool that is about 2' below water level and about 18" wide. I found that the P965 would climb the vertical surface of the ledge, but when the front wheels got above the top surface of the ledge, the unit did not have enough traction to complete the climb. Interestingly enough the Polaris bottom of the line unit, 7240, did not have any problems climbing to the shelf.

The VRXiQ is only sold at Leslie's and is the newest model. Pretty much the same as the 9650iQ best I can tell, other than color. Both have a swivel cord. When I tested the 9650iQ, the cord tangle a little bit, I bought the VRXiQ and have had it about 2 weeks with no tangles at all. For me, it was actually cheaper to get the VRXiQ even though the 9650 is a slightly older model.

uograded from a P965iQ to VRX iQ+. The VRX has several significant improvements. Was surprised to see Polaris improved upon an already solid, modern model. The VRX has improve navigation. It’s not a gimmick. After only the initial run (smart cycle), it already seems like a game changer. It appears the VRX also gets over the air updates to improve the software which is pretty impressive. Like the Tesla equivalent of a pool robot.

Just got the fine filter free from Polaris since I complained that the ultra fine was just not allowing the Q1+ to do the job. Threw it into the pool with it and perfect. Didn’t have to clean then filter every 20-30 minutes because it was caked. And not allowing the robot to climb the walls. The fine filter better than the stock and worked better than the ultra fine for me.

Just got the fine filter free from Polaris since I complained that the ultra fine was just not allowing the Q1+ to do the job. Threw it into the pool with it and perfect. Didn’t have to clean then filter every 20-30 minutes because it was caked. And not allowing the robot to climb the walls. The fine filter better than the stock and worked better than the ultra fine for me.

i thought that stock Polaris filter was fine. With the option of upgrading to an ultra fine basket if needed?

I just ordered the ultra fine after being denied a free one from three different calls. On multiple times I wake up to find my VRX floating on top of the water. Leslie’s said it’s due to sand creating an air bubble and that the ultra fine filter would most likely worsen the issue. We’ll see.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I just picked up a VRX iQ+ yesterday and so far I'm very impressed. It did a great job cleaning my pool, picked up a lot of leaves and dirt/debris left over from the construction last season. It even got almost my entire tanning ledge. It also seems line it does go in a straight line more than other robots which just go in whatever direction...so their claim of having better navigation is true. Overall very happy with the initial use. I bought it from Leslies pool...I don't usually like going there but none of the other local dealers would budge off of MSRP or match the sale price at Leslie's (all three claimed that the model they sell which is Alpha IQ+ is different, but we all know it is the same except the color).
Based on your recommendation, I picked up a VRX iQ+ for myself. A question, have you been using the app? If so, how do you like it?

Because of some work related constraints, I won't be able to get my robot into the pool until next week but I'm looking forward to it.

Based on your recommendation, I picked up a VRX iQ+ for myself. A question, have you been using the app? If so, how do you like it?

Because of some work related constraints, I won't be able to get my robot into the pool until next week but I'm looking forward to it.

I use the app. It works well, I haven't had any connection issues. For me it is a lot easier to select the various functions using the app, but there are also buttons on the control box you can use to select the modes.

Reactions: Tommy

You need the app for scheduling

Reactions: Tommy
Nope, still the same color I maybe too much in the sun? put my unit away in the pool shed so It doesn't spend too much time in the sun.

But I have a question does anyone do anything different besides rinse the unit with water after use? like use soapy water on the rubber brushes or wheels to keep them from getting to slick or slimy, mine are fine with just rinsing the unit, just want to know?

Reactions: Doug T
Nope, still the same color I maybe too much in the sun? put my unit away in the pool shed so It doesn't spend too much time in the sun.

But I have a question does anyone do anything different besides rinse the unit with water after use? like use soapy water on the rubber brushes or wheels to keep them from getting to slick or slimy, mine are fine with just rinsing the unit, just want to know?
Yeah hopefully its just the sun.

I just rinse mine down with the hose after each cleaning.

How long have you had your robot? I would reach out to Polaris/Zodiac and send them the picture you posted here, especially if yours is a new unit.

I just got a 9550 Sport and so far it's been great. I had to call Polaris for a question and while we were talking, I asked if there's anything special to do to keep it clean and she said every now and then it's a good idea to take a couple drops of Dawn dishsoap to a bucket of water and then get a soft brush and clean the plastic shell, and the baskets very gently, then rinse good. I find brushes for just this kind of use at the dollar store or grocery store. I don't keep mine in the pool all the time, only when I"m running it about twice a week, then I rinse it off each time. I can get a little obsessive :giggle:

But your situation is different, so I would definitely want to know what's going on with it.

How long have you had your robot? I would reach out to Polaris/Zodiac and send them the picture you posted here, especially if yours is a new unit.

I just got a 9550 Sport and so far it's been great. I had to call Polaris for a question and while we were talking, I asked if there's anything special to do to keep it clean and she said every now and then it's a good idea to take a couple drops of Dawn dishsoap to a bucket of water and then get a soft brush and clean the plastic shell, and the baskets very gently, then rinse good. I find brushes for just this kind of use at the dollar store or grocery store. I don't keep mine in the pool all the time, only when I"m running it about twice a week, then I rinse it off each time. I can get a little obsessive :giggle:

But your situation is different, so I would definitely want to know what's going on with it.

I've had my robot for a couple weeks. I did contact Polaris and this was their response: "No need to worry we have seen this before and it should not affect the cleaner operation."

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.