Polaris VRX iQ+

mickey4paws

Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 10, 2009
S.E. MI
I've had my robot for a couple weeks. I did contact Polaris and this was their response: "No need to worry we have seen this before and it should not affect the cleaner operation."
I don't really know but to me it doesn't sound right for a 2 week old machine. I would want a better answer. I found this comment to a review, although it's from the 9550 I have, I found the comment interesting. I would never do what that guy did with his cord because Polaris or the seller should take care of it because it is under warranty, but it might not hurt to take it to where you bought it if locally so they could look at the cord, or contact Polaris again and talk to their tech support or email. The email I found listed was [email protected].

The comment about the cord is the 1st comment here: Review with cord comment at Amazon

Good luck.

Tommy

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 5, 2012
NY
I'm happy to report that I am very pleased with my VRX iQ+. It managed to clear very fine debris I couldn't get with my suction vacuum. I love the fact that I can have the pool cleaned from the comfort of the app, far away from home. A few pics, including the crud it managed to remove from the bottom of my pool.

Unfortunately, I also had a frog become a victim of the VRX as well. Poor guy got sucked in and couldn't get out!

Attachments

mickey4paws

Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 10, 2009
S.E. MI
Unfortunately, I also had a frog become a victim of the VRX as well. Poor guy got sucked in and couldn't get out!
Glad to hear you like your robot. Looks like it got a good size load of crud. Poor froggie though. I sometimes get them in the skimmer basket. I remember one night there was a big bull frog swimming around in the pool. So I took a skimmer net and was trying to get it out. Every time I'd manage to net him, he hop right off. Finally got him and managed to toss him over the fence.

mickey4paws

Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 10, 2009
S.E. MI
I would for sure call Polaris again and speak with someone that shows more interest in the issue.
Not all techs are knowledgeable.
That is a good point. There's been times where a tech was really great, and then other times they didn't really know about the issue. I believe it was @
beegee226 who had the issue with his/her cord having a burn mark, but it was a new machine. Could be nothing but I agree, another call couldn't hurt.