Sep 19, 2018
Odessa MO
Hello! I am new here and new to pools. I have installed a pool and am ready for finishing the pool plumbing and valves.
  • I have (3) returns tee'd together underground with (1) 2" stub up
  • I have (4) deck jets all piped in 1-1/2" pipe with a loop system underground with (1) 1-1/2"
  • I have (2) skimmers with no main drain.
  • I have (1) 2" pipe stubbed up for a future waterfall.
See the attached sketch. this is how my plumbing is currently stubbed up in gravel outside of my equipment pad.
I have a Hayward EcoStar Variable Speed Pump and a 30" Hayward Top Mount Sand Filter 2"

My question is what is the best way to finish piping and what valves would I need? I piped the skimmers separate to be able to have a valve and shut (1) skimmer off when I am vacuuming the pool. Other than that I need some help. I would like the ability to turn the deck jets and future waterfall on/off separate than the returns.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Attachments

• pool plumbing.pdf
    23.3 KB · Views: 71
Welcome to TFP.

Below is a typical pool plumbing diagram. Hope that helps.

Connect your pump using unions.

If you are powering deck jets and waterfall from main pump just treat them as additional returns and put Jandy valves in them to turn them off or on.

Last edited:
use a jandy neverlube 3way valve 2-2.5"size for the skimmers and tie that into 2"pipe into the ecostar. go to your filter and out of the filter use a 2" manifold with 2 Ts and 1 elbow. Use regular jandy neverlubes two 2-2.5" for the returns and waterfall lines, and one 1.5-2" for the deck jets. this will give you maximum flow and you will be able to add actuators in the future if you wish to automate the system on the pressure side. the neverlube valves are maintenence free and you can rebuild them if you ever need to way down the road

X's 2 on unions for pump and filter, and anything else you tie into your pad...

Next, how big is your pool in gallons? this will dictate the filter size, the bigger the better...

Finally, did you already buy the ecostar? if you did not and you do not have automation, post back...

With this variable speed pump. make sure when you get your GFCI breaker that they install the Seimens DP 20amp GFCI breaker. I also highly recommend you install a Surge Protector inside your pool panel and in your main home panel as well. Keep this pump out of the direct sun and do not run this pump [except for a 1-2 min prime] ever on 3450RPM, but never over 3000RPM's for any of your speed settings. And, if they offer an extended warranty get it and have a pool pro install it. Let me know if you have any ques's

Any filtering system will work...since you have 25K gals, I'd go w the biggest filtering system you can get...good luck and welcome again

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.