Planning new build in NY

Rich D

Bronze Supporter
Aug 3, 2018
MA
Thank you for putting in the time and effort to make suggestions. there’s no way to block My neighbor on the side and across the street from 2nd floor window to see the pool. I can’t plant big trees since my pool is very close to septic. Pictures from the street view is hard to tell cuz it’s blocked by the raised septic mound. We hired the septic company mapped the septic lines w camera. I am going to ask the PB to put an orange fence 1-2’ around the perimeter of the septic lines to protect it.

The previous owner had a big wooden deck and pergola. My husband had to lightly sand it and poly it every 2 yrs. it’s very labor intensive.
I was only asking for the pic from the neighbors house to get a better idea of what the actual grades look like against your house, and the pics from the street would give a better idea of the grade changes of your property. It appears the yard slopes up from the tank cover to the septic field then back down to the neighbors property.

Reactions: newpoolbuild

newpoolbuild

Sep 23, 2019
NY
The builder only brought enough dirt to cover the leach field that’s why you see the raised area cut diagonally across my side yard. There’s still ~25-30’between the end of septic to my neighbor’s driveway and to the rear property line, so that’s where the trucks will access my yard. Not from the house side. But excellent point of no trucks going over the feed lines between septic tank to septic pump to junction box. Thanks you.

I was only asking for the pic from the neighbors house to get a better idea of what the actual grades look like against your house, and the pics from the street would give a better idea of the grade changes of your property. It appears the yard slopes up from the tank cover to the septic field then back down to the neighbors property.

Attachments

jimmythegreek

TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
In The Industry
Aug 10, 2017
Morris Cnty NJ
I would wait til spring you wont get any mud. Worry about the pool and the wall getting built. You can get the base set and compacted and leave the gravel base sit all winter it only makes it more settled and compacted in spring. Your builder did the least amount of work finish grading your yard it would have been easy and cheap to build a boulder wall and set some flat areas up.

Rich D

Bronze Supporter
Aug 3, 2018
MA
Thanks those helped a lot.. Is the proposed hight of the pool about the same as the top of the septic?
As Jimmy said this will be a difficult build. Be sure to pick a PB with plenty of experience. A inexperienced builder could quickly get in over there head on this one. One more item of concern will be ground water. Septic fields are designed to be 5' above ground water so it is likely that your pool bottom will be below the ground water.

newpoolbuild

Sep 23, 2019
NY
Yes. Pool would be same height as septic. It’s all rock under the pool that’s why the septic need to be raised. The house behind us on much higher ground than my house. It’s a down hill slope all the way to the street in front of my house.

Thanks those helped a lot.. Is the proposed hight of the pool about the same as the top of the septic?
As Jimmy said this will be a difficult build. Be sure to pick a PB with plenty of experience. A inexperienced builder could quickly get in over there head on this one. One more item of concern will be ground water. Septic fields are designed to be 5' above ground water so it is likely that your pool bottom will be below the ground water.