Longview Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Is pitting like this common in new plaster? It's mainly around the tile installs. (I'm about to do AA and do not want to cause more damage)108765

That isn't pitting. Those holes are from the spikes the plaster guys wore during the install... sloppy

Yikes! They had sponges on toward the finish. We have mostly smooth plaster I believe considering this builder, these few spots are bearable. The stains could have been avoided though. ??‍♀️

It is better to wait 30 days before using the robot.

Oh dear! I read several places 2 weeks. There is so much my little hand held isn't picking up. The lower drain doesn't seem to have enough suction to pull it out even when I brush it down there. Any suggestions?

I held off on the robot, bought a hose and did a manual vac through skimmer.

The robot seems old tech to me and I'm going to ask to upgrade it. I don't mind paying a bit more to get something I might be happy with.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
i see very similar small pits around tiles on my pool after replaster. If caused by worker's spikes, why just around the tiles and not elsewhere? I've assumed it results somehow from the process of pushing tiles into wet plaster

I think you are right. It seems to be mainly the tiles and corners. I think it dries so fast they don't get it worked well in those areas in some cases.

Just my conclusion

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.