My daily comparator block is what is off the scale
By Taylor’s own say-so, the block is a guesstimate. I forget now the exacts # but it was something like that at 1 ppm it was reliable to +\- .5 and at 2 ppm it was +/- 1. They have no reliability at all for 3+, again per Taylor.

So it’s a liquid version of a test strip. You’re pretty sure you have 7FC left from yesterday ? The block will be really yellow and that’s close enough to know you have plenty of wiggle room until hitting minimum. It’s great for spot checks in that scenario. If you can read 3 or less, you need LC, and now.

• Love
Reactions: TexEdmond
My FC is 5.0 by the DPD test. I'm not too confident in my electronic pH meter,
My mistake assuming you didn't have one. Forgive me. Looks like you're hitting it right dead square on the screws. I'd trust your pH block at that FC level. I'm getting to where I can sortof "feel" it between two colors and mine has a 0.3 resolution anyway, pretty wide margin of error given the only thing that concerns me anymore is CSI for the SWG. I suppose that might change in winter when it's not as swimmable.

My FC is ~10-11, pH 7.7-8.0, TA ~75, CH 350, CYA 70, Salt 3000 ppm, Borates ~40, Water temp ~89F and a CSI of -0.1 to +0.08 (pH 7.7-8.0)

I add about 1 qt of MA every 10-14 days to drop my pH from 8.0 to 7.7. I need to increase my borates but getting more boric acid is an issue. I may have to go to Walmart for Borax.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.