Pentair vs Jandy Components: Price difference?

Mar 10, 2021
Sherman Oaks, CA
We are in the middle of construction, and we need to change from Pentair Components, to Jandy components due to supply issues. Out PB explained the Jandy components below are more expensive than the Pentair components, but he would cut us a break and do an even exchange. I always understood that Jandy components were less expensive. If you have a familiarity with component pricing, I would greatly appreciate your input - Do the Jandy components below in general cost a lot more, a lot less, or about the same as the Pentair components? Thanks :)

Pump
Pentair 3hp Intelliflo VSF variable speed motor
vs
Jandy Epump Variable Speed Pump 2.7hp (VSSHP270AUT)

Heater
Pentair Mastertemp 400,00 Heater
vs
Jandy JXI 400N Heater

Filter
Pentair Clean and Clear 520 Filter
Vs
Jandy CL580 Filter

Salt System
Pentair 30,000 salt cell and Pentair Transformer
Vs
Jandy’s Salt System

There may be insiders who chime in... I'm no expert, and don't have access to manufacturer's pricing, but I can say having been through the quote process with multiple PB's recently that the Jandy equivalent equipment does seem to be slightly higher priced. How much of that is PB markup vs manufacturer is anyone's guess. However, on average, it was about $2k more for the Jandy equipment vs the Pentair. That was 4 total quotes (2 Jandy and 2 Pentair).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.