Pentair IntelliCenter Review and Information

Is Intellicenter.com down again? Last 2 days it won't load properly, (says my system is offline), and app won't load in remote, so Alexa won't work either. Everything seemed to work after the new version download, but now doesn't seem to "find" my system.

Is Intellicenter.com down again? Last 2 days it won't load properly, (says my system is offline), and app won't load in remote, so Alexa won't work either. Everything seemed to work after the new version download, but now doesn't seem to "find" my system.
So far this month, IntelliCenter.com has been down 3.1 hours.

2020-09-25_10-53-23.jpg
Check your connections. Also, try clearing your browser cache.
r.

Last edited:
Also from the OCP make sure that both the Ethernet icon and Pentair logo are showing, see Home Screen Connection Indicators (page 4) below.

Thanks Guinness!! Will go out (after it cools off) and check it. It was working after we updated to 1.047, but maybe they sent an OTA and it over wrote our preferrences.

GCyr

Edit: Nothing worked....Re-uploaded the v1.047 from our flash drive and it's working. My guess is there was a OTA after we did the update and it screwed up our Pentair registry. Oh well, it's working again, that's what matters. Thanks for your suggestions.

Last edited:

View attachment 163818

r.

View attachment 163818

r.

View attachment 163818

r.

View attachment 163818

r.

View attachment 163818

r.
Ron,
I sent an email, regarding our issue, to our wonderful Pentair guru. He, unfortunatley is out until October.

His repacement's response: "Hello, we are sorry for the delay but Matthew is out of the office until October. For all app related systems that require direct troubleshooting we require someone to be at the residence where the equipment is installed with a computer (preferably a Windows PC) on the same modem/router network. They must contact the Consumer Automation ScreenLogic/IntelliCenter/IntelliConnect call queue while on site via 800 831 7133 to get with our techs who can help locate and diagnose issues with the ScreenLogic Mac Address or help with updates on the local network. Support is open from 8am-8pm EST Monday to Friday for the reps who can support this equipment".

My response to them (maybe a little harsh):
Never mind!! We reinstalled the v1.047 (provided on your website) from our flash drive and now the system works.

When we went into your web client the last 2 days, our email was missing in our information. It was also missing on our outside panel. Correcting it on the OCP did not, however, solve the issue. That is when we decided to re-install the update from our flash drive. That seems to have solved the issue.

I'm surprised that you would pay to have us bring someone out to do what we just did! My thoughts are that, after we updated to the new version, the update was sent OTA to all systems, and in doing so it "glitched".

Other than the original wiring of the system, we have done everything to get the system up and running. When the installer left we could not connect it to Intellicenter.com. They had set up the parameters incorrectly. We corrected it and made it work properly.

Disappointed that you thought you could not suggest that we could talk to a support tech to resolve the issue. We are not software illiterate. In fact, most of our house is automated, and we did it without help. I understand that not all customers are "tech savvy", but you might consider that, if they are, it would save Pentair time and money to find out. Once we discovered the possible issue, it was a 5 minute fix."

Peggy

Last edited:
Ron,
I sent an email, regarding our issue, to our wonderful Pentair guru. He, unfortunatley is out until October.

His repacement's response: "Hello, we are sorry for the delay but Matthew is out of the office until October. For all app related systems that require direct troubleshooting we require someone to be at the residence where the equipment is installed with a computer (preferably a Windows PC) on the same modem/router network. They must contact the Consumer Automation ScreenLogic/IntelliCenter/IntelliConnect call queue while on site via 800 831 7133 to get with our techs who can help locate and diagnose issues with the ScreenLogic Mac Address or help with updates on the local network. Support is open from 8am-8pm EST Monday to Friday for the reps who can support this equipment".

My response to them (maybe a little harsh):
Never mind!! We reinstalled the v1.047 (provided on your website) from our flash drive and now the system works.

When we went into your web client the last 2 days, our email was missing in our information. It was also missing on our outside panel. Correcting it on the OCP did not, however, solve the issue. That is when we decided to re-install the update from our flash drive. That seems to have solved the issue.

I'm surprised that you would pay to have us bring someone out to do what we just did! My thoughts are that, after we updated to the new version, the update was sent OTA to all systems, and in doing so it "glitched".

Other than the original wiring of the system, we have done everything to get the system up and running. When the installer left we could not connect it to Intellicenter.com. They had set up the parameters incorrectly. We corrected it and made it work properly.

Disappointed that you thought you could not suggest that we could talk to a support tech to resolve the issue. We are not software illiterate. In fact, most of our house is automated, and we did it without help. I understand that not all customers are "tech savvy", but you might consider that, if they are, it would save Pentair time and money to find out. Once we discovered the possible issue, it was a 5 minute fix."

Peggy
Peggy,
Good catch on finding that some of the info was missing in the OCP personal information menu..

That makes a lot of sense regarding a glitch occurring when they maybe pushed the update after you had already performed the manual update.
In fact, I just logged on and checked mine lol... I'm still good but I have seen indications that they don't do all of the OTA's for everyone at the same time.
I'll keep an eye out and if I hear about anyone else having the same issue, I'll suggest a second manual update. So, thanks much for the advice..

Yea, I hated it when I used to call Pentair to talk with one of the level II guys and I would first have to talk with a level I. They are so condescending and treated me like I didn't know the difference between a keyboard and a monitor. I'm no software engineering type like some of the really smart guys here on TFP but then again, I'm no IT dummy either LOL... It would really make me mad when they treated me like that and I could tell in 20 seconds that I knew much more about IT and the IntelliCenter than they actually did.

Oh well, such is life. The good news is that you used your own talents to fix what frankly should never have happened. I have been doing that for a couple of years now when it comes to IntelliCenter. That is why I don't even use any of their controllers/interfaces any longer. I grew wary of their shenanigans.

Glad you goterdone!
p.s. One day, if you feel up to it, you can wash your hands of those Pentair Controllers/Interfaces and you guys can join some of us on the "dark-side", for some reliable control/interfacing with your IntelliCenter OCP and never have to worry about those Pentair Prod Servers again. :p
Take care and be safe...
r.

Peggy,
Good catch on finding that some of the info was missing in the OCP personal information menu..

That makes a lot of sense regarding a glitch occurring when they maybe pushed the update after you had already performed the manual update.
In fact, I just logged on and checked mine lol... I'm still good but I have seen indications that they don't do all of the OTA's for everyone at the same time.
I'll keep an eye out and if I hear about anyone else having the same issue, I'll suggest a second manual update. So, thanks much for the advice..

Yea, I hated it when I used to call Pentair to talk with one of the level II guys and I would first have to talk with a level I. They are so condescending and treated me like I didn't know the difference between a keyboard and a monitor. I'm no software engineering type like some of the really smart guys here on TFP but then again, I'm no IT dummy either LOL... It would really make me mad when they treated me like that and I could tell in 20 seconds that I knew much more about IT and the IntelliCenter than they actually did.

Oh well, such is life. The good news is that you used your own talents to fix what frankly should never have happened. I have been doing that for a couple of years now when it comes to IntelliCenter. That is why I don't even use any of their controllers/interfaces any longer. I grew wary of their shenanigans.

Glad you goterdone!
p.s. One day, if you feel up to it, you can wash your hands of those Pentair Controllers/Interfaces and you guys can join some of us on the "dark-side", for some reliable control/interfacing with your IntelliCenter OCP and never have to worry about those Pentair Prod Servers again. :p
Take care and be safe...
r.
Ron,
We would definitely be interested in going to the "dark side", (as long as it doesn't involve zombies...LOL).

We would love to learn more. However, we may not be totally illerate when it comes to software, but we certainly are when it comes to developer language.

Is there somewhere that we can review the product from the user perspective? Also, since Intellicenter.com is now working with Amazon Alexa, (if/when their website is up), would it be possible to utilize both or is your product capable of interfacing with Alexa?....We've become lazy in our senior years. We love sitting on the patio and telling Alexa to manage our pool.

-Peg

Ron,
We would definitely be interested in going to the "dark side", (as long as it doesn't involve zombies...LOL).

We would love to learn more. However, we may not be totally illerate when it comes to software, but we certainly are when it comes to developer language.

Is there somewhere that we can review the product from the user perspective? Also, since Intellicenter.com is now working with Amazon Alexa, (if/when their website is up), would it be possible to utilize both or is your product capable of interfacing with Alexa?....We've become lazy in our senior years. We love sitting on the patio and telling Alexa to manage our pool.

-Peg
Peggy,
1. Check this out. Should answer all of your questions.

2. No requirement to have a deep understanding of a developer language. I sure don't possess those type of skill sets. It's so easy a caveman, I mean MyAZPool can do it. (y)

3. Alexa and Pentair webClient will co-exist with the njs-pC.
r.

Last edited:
Reactions: GCyr

Interestingly, I had exactly the same problem (2 or 3 days after upgrading to 1.047). My email address also vanished from my personal info. As I am not at my holiday house at present (but my daughters are), my attempted (and apparently successful) fix was to power cycle the whole house.

Apologies in advance if I am posting the next question on the wrong forum 🙈

Can someone explain to me exactly what the set, sync, swim, hold and recall buttons do on the iOS app under lights and group lights? And why there are 2 swim buttons? These buttons seem a bit different to what appears on the main panel (per the user manual). I don’t have an inside panel, so only ever use the iOS app for control (both remotely and on-site).

Also, what is the purpose of the delays (that can only be set on the main panel and not on the App) when you are not doing a colour swim or anything like that? I only learned about the delays when reading the manual now... I see some additional settings that are also not on the App so I may need to play with these when I am next on site...

Apologies for the beginner questions! I have struggled with lights ever since I installed the system and have basically used colour swim (beautiful) and a fixed blue which never works properly after a colour swim, so I need to go to each of the 19 lights and set them individually. I suspect that a proper understanding of the above (and using delays) would fix the issue. I certainly found response times infinitely quicker on 1.047 and I was able to get all the lights back to blue in a couple of minutes remotely (for my daughters) yesterday which is 5 times as quick as I could do it before. I am hoping that putting in delays and understanding the buttons would make this a single button press!

Reactions: JaredF

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Currently, I am right in the middle of a complete automation / Pool Sensor/Control re-build. I am adding quite a bit of new automation that I will document more in the future.
One of the advantages of this rebuild is that it is allowing me to revise/improve on what I already have.

Here is an example. I completely rebuilt and just completed my IntelliCenter OCP low-voltage compartment.

As you can see, all six valve actuators connect to the bottom the newly installed 30 position din-rail mounted terminal block. I mounted a din-rail to the bottom mounting holes in the Serial COM Expansion Module.
The IntelliChlor connects to a 4-position terminal block mounted on the side wall. Two 4-position terminal blocks are mounted on the low-voltage horizontal deck for the two temp sensors and the heater fireman's switch connection.

This low-voltage compartment rebuild was labor intensive (lots of measuring, cutting, crimping, heat shrinking etc.), but I no longer have a literal "rats nest" of cris-crossing wires in my low-voltage compartment.

BE13980E-AA8D-49B0-877F-9B5445357778_1_105_c.jpeg

554C73ED-4002-4578-A133-466638F298A6_1_105_c.jpeg

Just for reference, this is what it used to look like before the rebuild.

D12294A8-589A-4F6A-A97A-570FB9D83386_1_105_c.jpeg

Last edited:
Go to the download link, put on a thumbdrive, take out to the OCP and upload via the prompts...

r.
Ron,
We have had v1.047 for a few months now... in the last few weeks we have not been able to log into "local". "Remote" works fine, but in the past has been totally dependent on the web client being up, so we usually use "local". Any idea why the "local" just sits and says connecting, and then times out? We checked our WiFi connectivity and it's good.

Thanks,
GC

Ron,
We have had v1.047 for a few months now... in the last few weeks we have not been able to log into "local". "Remote" works fine, but in the past has been totally dependent on the web client being up, so we usually use "local". Any idea why the "local" just sits and says connecting, and then times out? We checked our WiFi connectivity and it's good.

Thanks,
GC

If you are on iOS 14, make sure that "Local Network" access didn't get accidentally turned off for Intellicenter in the iOS Settings App.

Thanks. Checked it. Was turned on. Turned it off and back on....still not working.
Confirm the ip address of the OCP (panel) has not changed (especially if your router is set to "DHCP" versus Static). If it has, it will never connect unless you change it.
r.

Confirm the ip address of the OCP (panel) has not changed (especially if your router is set to "DHCP" versus Static). If it has, it will never connect unless you change it.
r.

1. Confirm the actual ip address of the OCP.
2. Go to your app and click the 3-bar menu in the right corner.
3. Enter the IP address of the OCP.
2020-12-02_18-38-36.jpg

Last edited:
Where do I find the IP address of the OCP?
Peggy,
There are several ways, but I think the fastest/easiest way is to go out to your OCP and simply navigate to: SETTINGS > ADVANCED SYSTEM CONFIGURATION > NETWORK WIFI SETUP.
You will see the IP address that the OCP is using to the right of "CONFIGURE ETHERNET".
Enter that address in the block in your mobile device app as I explained above and you should be in business.
r.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.