Pentair Ichlor30 and Automation

1A86C507-CC20-44BD-B0BC-5ADEB969C0E5.jpeg

4F548EB8-79D1-42B8-9FE1-690D017CB4FF.jpeg

Let everything settle in over night before turning the pool on. Turned on and......one small leak in the drain cap of the new filter. Took the cap off and used some of the magic lube on o-ring and looks good now.

I think I can say at this point things look pretty good. No more air bubbles in the basket even at higher rpms. A small one forms at lower rpms but it’s so much smaller and clears when bumping up the rpm. Filter psi looks great (near 0 at 1200 rpm, 4 at 1600 and 11 at 2600).

Probably not the best replumbing job but tried to make everything work and make sense. I redid the inlet with a new 3 way valve and 90s that fit instead of it being completely skewed and kinked out.

Going to let run for the day to check for leaks later but so far so good. Thank you all for the continuous help! Also it’s so nice having an actual air relief valve!

Honestly at this point I’m not sure. I changed the multiport valve on the old sand filter, the lid and o ring, etc.. to no avail.

We did so many changes but weren’t able to do one thing at a time unfortunately. All I know is after running at 1200 for nearly 7 hours there are just a few bubbles in the top lid that built up but that’s it. Then running at a faster rpm for a few minutes it clears nearly everything (maybe a tiny pea size bubble).

@Jimrahbe is there o ring lube needed for the clean and clear plus filter? Or just make sure it’s clean? I guess magic lube could work but almost seems like it would take the full bottom for that sucker! Also thanks again for link on those hi temp unions, SO much better now and easy to move if need be.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.