Pentair EasyTouch knockouts

s,

What??? There are several standard knock outs at the bottom of the panel... There are none on the top or sides to prevent water intrusion.

Maybe I just don't understand your question... :confused:

Thanks,

Jim R.

The "knockouts" are just stamped metal in the bottom of the panel, roughly a dozen or so. There is no way to actually knock them out, mine are nothing more than stamped circles best I can tell. They are the correct size, shape, and quantity. Same with the gfci outlet on the bottom righthand side. The stamping is there, but no way to actually knock it out.

s,

I'm glad I didn't know that when I knocked mine out.. :p

Maybe you got a defective enclosure, but I just used a hammer and a punch, or screw driver, and wacked it on the edge of the circle I wanted out..

Jim R.

LOL...well, I will give it a shot. It is possible that the stamping has distorted the metal enough that it is significantly thinner, just didnt look like I expected. Seems like most knockouts are perforated in some form/fashion, although I can see why these would not be since it is weather rated and don't want moisture in there. I really just didnt want to attach my $800 box with a hammer and punch...guess Ill know after a whack or two if it works...

The "knockouts" are just stamped metal in the bottom of the panel, roughly a dozen or so. There is no way to actually knock them out, mine are nothing more than stamped circles best I can tell. They are the correct size, shape, and quantity. Same with the gfci outlet on the bottom righthand side. The stamping is there, but no way to actually knock it out.

They are called knock outs, not pop outs or gentle tap outs..

I used to have a hard time with them until I started knocking the heck out of them.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
:kim:LOL...you were all dead on. They came out fine. One would think that after managing to get to this point in the DIY install, that knockouts would have been simple...and, well, they were. I give myself a partial pass, it was 6am this morning when I was looking at it, and I was in a hurry to get ready to take my boys to school.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.