BrandtlyG

Sep 23, 2022
Coppell, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I recently upgraded my Compool 3600 to the EasyTouch Upgrade Kit, and I'm banging my head against the wall, trying to understand how to program it correctly.

I don't think my cleaner is working correctly and I'm confused about Spa vs. Spa Low. I was just trying to match my previous system/setup.

Here's how I have it programmed. Any red flags?

Circuit Names
Circuit #1 / Circuit: Spa / Name: Spa
Circuit #2 / Circuit: Pool / Name: Pool
Circuit #3 / Circuit: AUX 1 / Name: Cleaner (should my cleaner go on AUX 2?)
Circuit #4 / Circuit: AUX 2 / Name: Spa Low
Circuit #5 / Circuit: AUX3 / Name: Spa Light
Circuit #6 / Circuit: AUX4 / Name: Pool Light
Circuit #7 / Circuit: AUX5 / Name: Air Blower

Circuit Function
Pool, Mstr Pool, Freeze: Yes
Spa, Mstr Spa, Freeze: Yes
Cleaner, Mstr Cleaner, Freeze: Yes (Not sure what the difference is between "Master Cleaner", "Cleaner", and "Generic"
Spa Low, Generic, Freeze: Yes (is this correct?)
Spa Light, Generic
Pool Light, Generic
Air Blower, Generic

Equipment:
Pentair IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pool Pump EC-011028
Pentair Booster Pump EC-LA01N (just added) - Cleaner
2 HP WhisperFlo WF-28 C Spa Pump
Raypak P-R406A-EN-C Gas Heater
Pentair EasyTouch Indoor Control Panel 8-Circuit 520549 (just added)

My spa spills over into my pool (which turns off when I use the spa). There's a water feature out of the bottom of my spa (not used other than water comes out of it). I also have a waterfall separate from the spa.

The valves seem to work correctly if I hit the valves button on the board. The pool light and spa light work fine (independently).

B,

Some basic info...

"Circuits" are built into the system and can't be changed..

They are...Pool, Spa, Aux1 - 8, Feature 1-8...
Aux Circuits have relays and are normally used to turn on external devices that require 120 or 240 volts to work.
Feature Circuits are identical to Aux Circuits, except that have no relays. The are normally used to control pump speeds and to move valve actuators.

"Circuit Names" are just what you want to call the Circuit.. You can name a circuit anything you want, it does effect what the Circuit does. As a stupid example, you could name Aux 1 as "AUX 2".. But it will not turn on the Aux 2 relay, as it is just a name..

"Circuit Functions".. Most of the time, it is best to leave the circuit function set to Generic.. Some exceptions.

Color changing LED lights need to have a circuit function of "IntelliBrite"
Booster pumps should be set up as "Master Cleaner", as this makes sure the main pump is running before turning on the booster pump.
If you set up a Feature Circuit for "Spillway" the circuit function needs to be "Spillway" for it to work.

In your case.. Either Aux 1 is wired to turn on your booster pump for your cleaner, or it is not.
Either Aux 2 is wired to turn on your Spa light or its not. You can name Aux 1 anything you want, but if it is wired to your booster pump, no matter what you name it, it will always turn on the booster pump.

"Spa" is a Circuit.. "Spa low" is just a "circuit name" and means nothing to the system.. By itself, it will not turn on the spa or make it run at a low speed.

I see you have a Spa pump.. but I don't see where you have it set up as an Aux Circuit.. You will need to use an empty Aux relay to turn it on.

Thanks,

Jim R.