🥳 Outstanding Member Showcase 🥳

We are fortunate enough to have some experts who are good enough to visit TFP after they've put their gear away from a long day's work in the field.
@1poolman1
@jimmythegreek

And of course @JamesW seems to have an answer for just about anything mechanical or related to chemistry. :salut:

I learned everything I have ever needed in life from Saturday morning cartoons in the 80’s …

wrong GIF

Hi everyone, just would like to add my two cents! @Newdude @kimkats @mknauss (To name a few) are the reason I still have my sanity and any money in the bank at all!
My husband and I bought this house in December 2020 and last year was our first full summer with this pool that we had no idea what we were doing. After several trips to the famous pool store that cost us so much money for about two months, I found this website and it has been an incredible help.
The members here can attest to the fact that I had 1,000,000+ questions and after reading back on some of my threads I cringe at how clueless I was, BUT they have all taught me so much and this year has been a complete 180° turn around and we’ve been swimming in our pool for two weeks already!
Just wanted to add to the gratitude that is being shown here for all the members, you guys are truly amazing and I am very thankful for every last one of you 🎉💜

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Gosh. To start a list is almost overwhelming to me. First - to everyone who has ever responded to one of my threads or comments in other threads with a guidance or correction - thank you so much. Thank you also for new peeps and posters from olden times for letting me learn from you and for letting me share my input. To all the mods and to all the regular folks like me, thank you. I’m grateful for all of you and hope you consider me a pal. 🙂

Way to many to list from all of the mods, TFP Excerpts, to the general pool owners.
So from the first to reply to my first post (Texas Splash and JP Morgan) to the last post (ajw22) and everyone in between, Thanks for all you have taught me and many others.

Reactions: Newdude
here’s another shoutout for @kimkats.

I’ve been on TFP for nine years now. Had interactions with many. But I still recall how helpful Kim was several years ago in talking me off a ledge in an especially difficult SLAM.

It’s because of her not just telling me what to do but also why, that I have had the confidence to spread the good word about TFP every chance I get and have been able to introduce several friends to the religion.

Kim and this forum have saved me THOUSANDS of dollars across the years. I’m willing to bet the savings creep up not too far from a MILLION dollars in savings when counting me and the friends that have converted.

This can't be true, but it's fun to contemplate. 306,364 (TFP members) x $150 (a month saved from no longer using pool stores or pool guys) x 12 (months) =
TFP saves its members up to $551,455,200 per year!

That's a half a billion folks!

OK, I can't prove that, but they save me, personally, $1800 a year, so I know that much of the number is true!

You very quickly became out goto guy for all spa related questions. Take a bow good sir. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.