🥳 Outstanding Member Showcase 🥳

I sometimes draw a blank at who to ring for certain situations but somebody generally always steps up & saves the day!
It's not what you know, it's who! I'm a TFP expert... at calling on TFP Experts! But even sometimes I draw a blank. No problem. That's when my expertise really shines, by calling on TFP Experts to tell me which other TFP Experts to call!!!

Says the guy with a 133% reaction to post ratio. :ROFLMAO:

But thanks man. :hug:

I had to lay the snack down once. We had a newb who in the end turned out to be amazing, but wasn't listening to @kimkats and @Casey on his build. He thanked 'the ladies' but wanted to know what 'the fellas' thought.

Um. Bruh. You are talking to our most active and 19th most active members of 250k+ (at the time). They have combined to help someone such as yourself over 60k times and you, sir, are talking to TFP royalty. Above ground Queens amongst us peasants. Whatever they have to say, you'd be best off listening.
Thank you. I try to help people as much as I can even when life is in the way. I love being here, helping and learning. I spent years in the Above Ground Forum helping people install pools on their own or just set new liners wrinkle free. Now owning a fiberglass pool, I learned a lot taking 3 weeks off to watch the whole install. Being here since 2007 and reading about fiberglass pool installs (some very nice n some that nightmares are made of!!!) I knew when it was my turn, I knew what I needed to look for in an installer and what questions to ask to keep me from a living nightmare. Reading and retaining information from all those years has made my fiberglass pool install a breeze from those who went before me. If I can help in any way by recalling the build experience I had, I'm going to pay it forward and continue to be here helping others get through theirs.

OK we have discussed some folks with specialties so let's change gears for a minute and go for some multi tool players.

@Bperry
@phonedave
@Turbo1Ton
@HermanTX

You 4 bounce around wherever you're needed and that is special in its own right. It's also REALLY appreciated on slower days when you are adding to the 6545 times you've all pitched in before. (Everyone pause and let that sink in for a moment)

With folks like you in the reserves, our team is STACKED and ready for anything.
Thanks, Dude! I don't feel like I do a whole lot around here other than reading and learning, but I am always happy to help others on anything I can. Any experience I have, pool related or not, that I can provide information on that would help someone else avoid my mistakes, I am happy to share.

This place is most definitely filled with an outstanding group of people and everyone's willingness to assist others, and have fun is just a nice retreat from normal everyday stuff. When I first found this place I quickly realized that this was different than other places on the web. The community I sensed amongst all of those mentioned in here, as well as others that have not yet been mentioned, was just awesome. Couldn't ask for a greater group!

--Jeff

@bmoreswim aka Kirk.

I can't even say enough about this man and what he put together for me nearly 2 years ago on 5/27/20 when my late husband and I lost EVERYTHING in a house fire. I never expected to see an outpouring of love and donations that he spearheaded to get us through homelessness, eating, buying new underware and buying dog food. It was the little things that we all take for granted that we desperately needed and that money helped buy. He was the first person at TFP who knew my husband died because I felt so close to him to tell him something so personal.

This message will add weight to @Turbo1Ton post above... this is a special place. It's where strangers have become family. When pools split and explode, we come together and replace them. When we fall into a huge loss, we pull together in an outpouring of support. This is a forum of FAMILY. I knew when I found it so many years ago and kept coming back that it was more than just a forum, it's a special place of the most awesome people I've ever met online.

The community I sensed amongst all of those mentioned in here, as well as others that have not yet been mentioned, was just awesome
You mean like our OG's ?

@markayash
@Oly
@Rocket J Squirrel
@Rancho Cost-a-Lotta

4 amazing members who showed us NewDudes and NewDudettes how it was supposed to be ?

Sage wisdom with just enough humor that folks *wanted* to learn ????????

Like them ?????

200.gif

My shout out goes to @Leebo. Most of us being control freaks, i cant imagine how she managed to open the door for many of us and trust us with our contributions. Im sure @kimkats had something to do with this, but not sure. This goes to show that if we come together, great things happen. Congratulations on taking this huge leap of faith.

As for the rest of you, you all know: "Mi Casa es Su Casa"!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Oh I have walked away...................then I take a deep breath, roll my shoulders then head back in! I will say there have been a couple of times I pinged someone else to take over for a bit as the person just was not getting what I was saying............the other person would say THE EXCATE SAME THING and they would listen :roll: LOL

Oh I have walked away...................then I take a deep breath, roll my shoulders then head back in! I will say there have been a couple of times I pinged someone else to take over for a bit as the person just was not getting what I was saying............the other person would say THE EXCATE SAME THING and they would listen :roll: LOL
Taking a break and a deep breath is not walking away…

I'm gonna call out @MyAZPool - he has compiled some of the best automation how to threads that I've ever read! The level of detail he puts into his thread is nothing short of amazing, and is so helpful. I think I have all of his in-depth equipment review/install posts bookmarked for quick access. It was his Intellicenter review thread that I found, as my pool build was happening, that got me here and started me reading other threads that introduced me to all of the countless others who provide so much information in this community. Without that thread, I might have ended up here looking for advice on how to clear my pool! Instead I started on the right foot and have yet to put either foot into a pool store.

He along with @rstrouse and @tagyoureit, among others that I am not remembering at the moment, have done amazing work to put together their own home brew pool automation controller. And @rstrouse and @tagyoureit continue to supply resources not just to our community here, but others out there in the interwebs, that dabble with a home built pool controller.

Thanks guys for everything you've contributed to the community!

--Jeff

This is a true story, I was confused on how to wire the timer to the GFI in my breaker box. Went to an electrician page and just ask if what I had done was right since it wasn’t working.
Basically called an idiot for trying and got zero help.
Posted it here and Allen not only told me what I did wrong but explained to me how a GFI works.
I have done a lot of wiring and even replaced the breaker box.
I thought I understood the GFI but was wrong but knew it wasn’t above my skills @ajw22

I found this site a few years ago when I had just bought my first house, which happened to have a pool. It was kind of a gamble, since we couldn't really see the pool before purchasing - It was a bank owned property, and it hadn't had residents for a few years. Before putting the house up for sale, the bank had a safety cover installed on it. All we could tell was that, yes, it was a pool, and it had water in it.

When we finally decided to pull the cover off after several weeks, it was....something. It was black. It looked like there was inches of algae on things. We stuck a net in it and pulled it disgusting leaves, and then it started to stink. I had made a post on TFP earlier and finally got back to it with the newly uncovered pool, pretty much desperate for advice - I had NO idea what to do. I've never had a pool!
Everyone was immediately so helpful, but ALSO encouraging! I was honestly scared, how much money did I just throw away??? And it helped a lot having you guys to hold my hand. I got my test kit, and we started emptying the pool. This took SO, SO long, completely blind, no vacuum - just a net. Probably 4 or 5 years of gunk.

Then the bleach came.
So much bleach.
Ungodly amounts of bleach.

And I kept on and on and on and on with the bleach and it just wouldn't clear and nothing was working and I was getting completely discouraged... and was advised that my equipment might not be working...so eventually replaced both my pump and filter. Again, with help and advice from here!
That was it, and things finally started to filter! BUT THEN IT TURNED RUST ORANGE. At this point I was so dismayed, who the heck wants an orange pool? So apparently, it was also full of iron. I was ready to just cover it up and wait until I could dump the water and get a new liner.
This is where @splashpad and @kimkats kept me going and encouraged me and kept pushing me to work through it, POP!! So I did, and what do you know, you guys were right!

EVERYONE helped me but you two really stand out, because I remember PM'ing you both being so scared about this pool after so many weeks of working on it just to have it blow up orange. Lol.

I did get my liner replaced last year and finally got rid of that iron, but my pool was crystal clear and fun even if it wasn't pretty, and I got 2 more years of of that liner that was probably already pushing 16 years old, which let us spend money elsewhere on the new house.
SO THANK YOU, TFP!
💙💛💜❤️🧡

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.