Ortega Check Valve Spring question

Jul 25, 2010
Folks,
Does anyone know how to figure if I need the 1lb or 3lb spring? The valve is the 2inch size. I don't want to put in a 3lb if it creates too much back pressure on the pump.
Thanks
1598298061531.png

Sorry I missed this sooner. In most cases the 1lb spring is plenty to seal off. There are some special cases where the outlet has enough pressure drop that tends to keep the check open that you need the 3lb spring.

If you can post a picture of your plumbing we should be able to tell you if we think you need the 3lb spring or if the one should do.

Thank you folks. Well, she is now behaving after I removed the valve plastic insert and shaved off a small amount of the rubber washer. I think it was causing it to bind. Every few years, the rubber washer falls apart and I get a new one from Lowes. The downside is I have to carefully cut it to fit. Anyway...at least I know now what spring I need should I ever go that route.
Thank you folks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.