ok starting on rebuilding the pool

I have no idea who to go threw to get a liner now. emailed a few and only one emailed me back, I think they are made by 1-2 companies and then sold threw many.... poolwarehouse is the one that emailed me back. I know they don't make the liner. He had to email the maker to make sure they could do the corners. Who do I go threw, and what am I looking at in a liner? I have the color, and wanted something that did not have a border and was not tile looking.

Never ordered a liner to know. I think the challenge to DIY a liner order direct from a manufacture if properly measuring and specifying all the dimensions of the pool. Whoever does the measurement and ordering takes the risk of an incorrect fit if the manufacture cuts it to the specifications. If you DIY and it does not fit you have no recourse.

Never ordered a liner to know. I think the challenge to DIY a liner order direct from a manufacture if properly measuring and specifying all the dimensions of the pool. Whoever does the measurement and ordering takes the risk of an incorrect fit if the manufacture cuts it to the specifications. If you DIY and it does not fit you have no recourse.
Well the last liner was installed by pros here :/, It was clearly wrong and they installed it anyway. It ripped after 1-2 months (accourding to the nieghbor), They also repaired the bottom, They used sand and grout over vermiculight for patches. I always take all the risks lol, that was the reason for changing the corners to make it easy for the liner maker, even though they said they could do it. (The corners were made upside down the last time). Whos fault no idea would I have paid them no. Now that is not saying that every pool company here is bad. I just dont know what one is the bad one, lol. Installing the liner I can handle it, I have taken the old one out and in so many times I have the grip of a gorilla now. I will take a picture of the liner corner with the pool corner so you can see what I am talking about.
@ajw22 @jimmythegreek @borjis any input? Mine was easy...just pick out pattern then find best price.
Sounds like I just need to sit down and buy one..

Attachments

• 20180708_071330.jpg
    20180708_071330.jpg
    837.1 KB · Views: 83
  • 20180708_071014.jpg
    20180708_071014.jpg
    596.7 KB · Views: 83
  • 20180708_071049.jpg
    20180708_071049.jpg
    646.2 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Ive used poolwarehouse before as well as other online vendors. its all the same stuff mostly, there are a few higher end makers and better patterns that hold the color longer. if the pool is empty the order should be simply. you just need a length for each depth change (the length at level line not the length of the slope) and length and width. Not sure how that corner works like that, the walls must be out of plumb to make that happen at least in the corner. I would email whomever is making the liner pics of that corner its easy to mess that up. I would go 27mil on thickness Im a fan of 30mil too but harder to do in tight corners the 20/27 flexes easier

here is the corner piece still waiting for the square diagonals to get here so I can finish... the pool is sqaure measured diag and bottom and top side to side. I measured it when I fixed the the wall. the 2nd picture was the rough in for the plumbing and the rod that was bent, I believe this picture was after I tried to straighten it, ended up digging it out more and redoing the brace altogether with angle iron. in a A you can also see a rotten board unkown what that was, there is concrete pillars. I would assume to try and stop the pool from falling down hill, the retaing wall I put in last year hasnt moved at all, the old one was closer and rotten. 27 mil is what I was looking at had to wait and see if I can get it without the boarder. 2 days later ... yep he thinks so :/. The pool isnt going to be perfect by no means, btw... but it should hold water and not fall down the hill its 9 feet above the back yard, 5 feet above the neighbors yard. If I come across a picture of wall before and after I will post it.

Attachments

• corner.jpg
    corner.jpg
    519.9 KB · Views: 64
  • 20190619_083958.jpg
    20190619_083958.jpg
    613.7 KB · Views: 64

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
just a little update got the corners today tommorow I will put them in and finish the corners then we are ready for a liner... the last picture its just sitting in there.

Attachments

• 20190910_181723.jpg
    20190910_181723.jpg
    495.9 KB · Views: 40
  • 20190910_181753.jpg
    20190910_181753.jpg
    611.9 KB · Views: 43
  • 20190910_181822.jpg
    20190910_181822.jpg
    506.8 KB · Views: 44
  • 20190910_181836.jpg
    20190910_181836.jpg
    523.1 KB · Views: 44
Well after looking at them they are made wrong. :/ about a 1/8 inch to skinny well I will have to come up with a plan from here. It took forever to get these made so. wounder if foam board would work on top of these to make up the 1/8 inch. have to go and see if they have any closed foam board that will work.. .

• Sad
Reactions: kimkats
Never thought about silicone, good idea. Ends up being a 1/2 inch away from the coping. Think I am going to try 1/2 inch foam board then silicone if I fail on that I have like 60 tubes of 100% ge silicone, found it for 50 cents a tube and bought all they had, once it dries it would be hard enough yet give a little and it lasts for years. thanks for the idea.

Well about passed out after the price for the liner from intheswim the prices on the website dont match what they want. felt like a "bait and switch" type thing. So now going to get pricing from others. seems to me that only a few actually make them and those that make them dont sell to the public. 20 mil is $1370.00 and the 28 mil is $1714.00 .
on the website a 28 mil was 859.00. or is that what a liner costs?

I put the liners and safety covers from the intheswim catalog up there with all the car dealers advertising $389 a month for a $50k car. **with $15k down, only leased for 36 months and 8k yearly miles allowed**.

I’ve known many people who replaced their IG liner. All have averaged in the $5k range with installation costs. You’ll save some doing it yourself, but not $3500.

Reactions: Chickinvic
ok update.. went threw dohenys little over 600 , Monday they are sending the cad drawing so I can make sure its correct. I have all new gaskets I replaced , skimmer, drains,all but 1 return it was under concrete, (they came with the new gaskets). Moved the pool pump and replaced all lines with 2 inch. rebuilt the pump, replaced sand in sand filter checked for broken parts...none?
Still need a test kit :/ and cleaning tools. I broke most of the tools cleaning the pool out.... Diapers and dead rabbit included, heck there was even a tent in there.
so what is left
1. test kit
2. cleaning tools
3. ladders
4. chemicals
5. build the last part of the fence (arbor with a gate).
6. pour the replacement concrete around the pool.
I am sure that there is something missing but that is were its at.

Look in my siggy below to find the recommended chemical link. Most of it can be bought at Target, Walmart, Lowe, etc.

For the test kit and pool tools also look in my siggy. TF-100 test kit is the link to that stuff.

If you become a supporting member you can get a discount on the test kit and tools. You can also get a discount at inyopool.com for the ladders. Just an idea to save you some money and to help us keep the servers fed. Become a TFP Supporter - Trouble Free Pool

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.