ok starting on rebuilding the pool

crushkittykitty

Mar 13, 2018
DesMoines / Iowa
If you become a supporting member you can get a discount on the test kit and tools. You can also get a discount at inyopool.com for the ladders. Just an idea to save you some money and to help us keep the servers fed. Become a TFP Supporter - Trouble Free Pool
That really is not a bad deal. I was going to buy the tf-100 test kit anyway. This is were I have got most of my information on how to do stuff that and good ole youtube... BTW. Thanks for all the information.

Reactions: kimkats

crushkittykitty

Mar 13, 2018
DesMoines / Iowa
Well its been raining here non stop now its getting colder out. I was worried about how low the temp could be before I can not install this liner.
Was hoping for the 80s but its been 45 -70, and we have had at least 5 inches of rain. Would it be better to wait to next spring to install the liner?

crushkittykitty

Mar 13, 2018
DesMoines / Iowa
You can do it in 60s or better keep liner in a warm area and do it when sunny and no wind and have water ready
filling it with the hose thanks. There is 60s all next week just waiting on the liner ships in 3 days.. This industry is like used car salesman. lol

One thing I was worried about was the pressure relieve valves I installed in the main drains. I believe one was leaking. I removed it and just installed a plug, the other one seems to have a stronger spring, I might have installed the old one by accident, I just threw the parts in a box till I needed them and had taken the new ones out of the plastic. Do you guys think I need 2 or is one fine the drains are 4 feet apart. What do you use to tighten the plugs there seems to be different sizes the strainer extra port plug has a bigger square then the drain plugs.
Had no idea this project was going to take all summer... So many other things need done.

crushkittykitty

Mar 13, 2018
DesMoines / Iowa
I dont install main drains anymore they aren't worth the hassle. The plugs are regular 3/4" mpt threads. Plastic or brass only for pool water
YA I debated on just doing away with them but wasnt sure so I just installed daul drains instead of the single, I was refuring to what kind of tool is used to install them,. I made one. Square in a small space you would think they would just mold like a 1/2 in socket so you could just use an extension and a ratchet.
The liner shipped yesterday. I didnt know they would ship it fed ex so it should be here tomorrow. Wall foam is to be here as well.
Still have concrete to pour for the decking,.
Weather they are talking flurries lol