Official 2020 BBQ, Smoking, Grilling, Baking and Beer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit (18 lbs) of Brisket. I pulled it off after 8 hours to wrap and keep cooking in the oven, to open up the smoker for the ribs.

20200628_141231.jpg20200628_144639.jpg

Have a Weber Genesis and a WSM (Berger82, after seeing your post I'm sorry to admit it's been a few months since I used it)

That said, itching for a pellet smoker - set it and forget it. I'm in SE PA and cook outdoors year round. So.. Pros/Cons, brand recommendations. I was looking forward to the Weber Smokefire but disappointed by the stumble out of the gate even though Harry Soo has been doing damage control. Roughly 1K budget, maybe a bit more but not Yoder $$ territory.

Guys should my dome be getting that shiney black? I figured it would be matte black? Is that normal?

Dont worry your dome will get all kinds of gross over time.

Splatter, ash, soot

Its an Egg enjoy!!!. If something gets too weird, just do a high temp burn and that will kill off any bad stuff. I dont think even @JoyfulNoise knows any bacteria that will survive a 900 degree high temp burn.

You can always use a crumped up ball of aluminum foil like a brush up there.

Reactions: JoyfulNoise

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Have a Weber Genesis and a WSM (Berger82, after seeing your post I'm sorry to admit it's been a few months since I used it)

That said, itching for a pellet smoker - set it and forget it. I'm in SE PA and cook outdoors year round. So.. Pros/Cons, brand recommendations. I was looking forward to the Weber Smokefire but disappointed by the stumble out of the gate even though Harry Soo has been doing damage control. Roughly 1K budget, maybe a bit more but not Yoder $$ territory.
Can't comment on the smokefire but I have the Rec Tec RT-340 and so loving it for smoking. My Neighbor has the RT-700 and uses his about 4 times a week:cheers:

Reactions: lager1829

Check out Grilla Grills. They have a few different options for Pellet grills. The things are made like tanks and customer service is top notch. Hopefully you'd never need it, but with electronics on a grill it's inevitable something will come up. No wifi yet, but it's supposed to be available in the fall and they'll have a deal on just the controller to replace the current ones at that time.

Reactions: lager1829
I'm rooting for RecTec grills since they're made here in Evans, Georgia..about 5 minutes away from me. Lots of teaching online withthem, and BBQ weekend classes. 🥩🍔🍗🍤🌭

Maddie :flower:
Thanks for all the suggestions! Now to binge YouTube reviews (some of which are so dull and/or self promoting - don't forget to click that Subscribe button🤯) oh and dragging the baggy sleeves of their sweatshirts through the food 🤣

Heck, I don’t care if you cook it over a shopping cart, anything BBQ’d outdoors tastes better -

View attachment 151432

..... at least they took the kid out of the shopping cart before cooking the steaks :rolleyes:
That’s a friggin IKEA carriage!!! I hate those carriages. You need to see a chiropractor when you get home cause all 4 wheels turn!! :pth:

• Haha
Reactions: JoyfulNoise

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.