Official 2020 BBQ, Smoking, Grilling, Baking and Beer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My latest grille toy -

9C37BE17-A6B5-4513-AEB4-CFC7FAFCCE7E.jpeg
0150452F-E937-42B1-A0C6-F7667741AC73.jpeg

I think I’d like to try some veggies and maybe andouille sausage in it. Can’t do shrimp (family has allergies). In the Fall, when the Hatch Valley green chili pepper harvest comes in, I’m thinking I’ll buy a box from the market and roast chili’s for the winter. Fire roasted Hatch chili’s are the best for making chili verde.

My latest grille toy -

View attachment 139864
View attachment 139865

I think I’d like to try some veggies and maybe andouille sausage in it. Can’t do shrimp (family has allergies). In the Fall, when the Hatch Valley green chili pepper harvest comes in, I’m thinking I’ll buy a box from the market and roast chili’s for the winter. Fire roasted Hatch chili’s are the best for making chili verde.
Very interesting Matt, looking forward to seeing some good food from this gadget :cheers:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The Inaugural Run -

Kielbasa, corn, squash, potato, baby bell peppers and sweet onion. The veggies were tossed with olive oil, sea salt, and Old Bay seasoning. I parboiled the potato and corn so it would cook the same as the other veggies.

EAFCAB6A-AF27-4FB3-A875-3025E62CD4ED.jpeg

E9AC47EB-B7BC-4F9B-974B-7694A3DEE66F.jpeg

I think this face says it all -

EED76619-AE9C-4F61-BA8D-A430CB670D51.jpeg

Ok so now that I finally have my big green egg. Yyyyyaaaahhhhh. I’m on a learning and exploring journey.
This weekend I’m going to try and do a shoulder for the family. Hey why not experiment on a holiday. Nothing else to do.

bit what I want to do Saturday is smoke a meatloaf. Ya I know odd thing to pick but we both like meatloaf.

so any advice. Anyone do one before?
I was going to just go low and slow at 225 to 250. Most recipes are saying 3 hrs for 2 lb loaf.

the recipe in using is a red pepper, onion base vs carrots, onion, celery. It also has some bbq rub in it and a little bbq sauce. Egg also. Some other minor stuff. After 2 hrs u add some extra bbq sauce to top of it.

found another recipe. i think i like this one better:

what do u guys think?

Last edited:
Reactions: JoyfulNoise
  • Sad
Reactions: JoyfulNoise
Ok so now that I finally have my big green egg. Yyyyyaaaahhhhh. I’m on a learning and exploring journey.
This weekend I’m going to try and do a shoulder for the family. Hey why not experiment on a holiday. Nothing else to do.

bit what I want to do Saturday is smoke a meatloaf. Ya I know odd thing to pick but we both like meatloaf.

so any advice. Anyone do one before?
I was going to just go low and slow at 225 to 250. Most recipes are saying 3 hrs for 2 lb loaf.

the recipe in using is a red pepper, onion base vs carrots, onion, celery. It also has some bbq rub in it and a little bbq sauce. Egg also. Some other minor stuff. After 2 hrs u add some extra bbq sauce to top of it.

found another recipe. i think i like this one better:

what do u guys think?
Shoulder is probably the easiest meat to smoke. Set it at 250 and cook until about 195 internal, or a probe slides in like butter. Wrap, don't wrap...up to you. I never wrap because I'm lazy and have had nothing but great results each time. As for Meatloaf, I've done many on the grill. I set them on a rack over a sheet pan, never inside a loaf pan and cook at 350, just like I would my oven. Pull at 165. Low and Slow would be great I'm sure, just go easy on the smoke wood, the meat is porous and will soak it in like a sponge.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.