Official 2018 BBQ, Smoking, Grilling, Baking and Beer thread

3 slabs of baby back ribs in the smoker this morning
8285e6884db519152a47a878bcc162c3.jpg

Actually I am trying to stay busy. We lost our cat to kidney failure 10 days ago and we are having a really hard time dealing with it. Sorry for the downer [emoji20]

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I am so sorry to hear and know that all too well. RIP kitty - we lost one to this 8 years ago this year but still have his brother who just turned 17.

Thanks. BTW her name was Kitty and she has been featured here in various pool forums over the past 9 years. She was 13 years old and we adopted her 11-12 years ago. The hard part is that our other cat Grey does not seem to understand where Kitty is and why is she not here. [emoji20]

Very sorry to hear about your pet. I can relate somewhat, lost my border Collie/Australian Shepherd not long ago after 17 years of friendship.

Had a craving for beer can chicken earlier today, so I thought what the heck. Threw it on the Weber, a little bit later this is what happens, some before and after pics.

7de95e320c039ce755be71dcb4ad1544.jpg
45fb5b2796f62f6db94c2f3cde15d757.jpg

Sorry to hear that buddy, our oldest cat is named Kitty and she doesn't have much time left (I think).

Anyone here using Natural Gas grill, if so which brand and would you recommend it. I do like flat top grill but I do not think they came with Natural Gas yet.
And even though I know charcoal/wood grills are better in flavor I am looking for convenience.

Thanks.

Anyone here using Natural Gas grill, if so which brand and would you recommend it. I do like flat top grill but I do not think they came with Natural Gas yet.
And even though I know charcoal/wood grills are better in flavor I am looking for convenience.

Thanks.

I bought a used Weber Spirit natural gas grill off of craigslist 7 years ago and it has been rock solid. For weeknight convenience and searing, that is my go to. I cook most everything on my Traeger Timberline but also find that my natural gas and weber charcoal kettle still have plenty of uses.

Lion Grille will be my next brand I buy. They rock.

The difference between nat gas and propane is all in the dial valve orifice size. If the dial valves are made in the USA, you can often just swap out the propane versions for natural gas ones. Alternatively, the propane valve orifice can be hacked - you simply use a small drill bit to open up the orifice hole. That hack can be fraught with difficulties so it’s best to just swap out if you can.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.