Official 2018 BBQ, Smoking, Grilling, Baking and Beer thread

I currently have a Lion natural gas grill. I have owned it for two years, And it works great, and I will say that their customer service is second to none in the industry I have experienced. That said, if I were starting over of all the grills I have owned I still think I liked my old weber gas grill the best.

Lion Grille will be my next brand I buy. They rock.

The difference between nat gas and propane is all in the dial valve orifice size. If the dial valves are made in the USA, you can often just swap out the propane versions for natural gas ones. Alternatively, the propane valve orifice can be hacked - you simply use a small drill bit to open up the orifice hole. That hack can be fraught with difficulties so it’s best to just swap out if you can.

Lion is carried by one of my wholesalers now...
Hmm legit cost of goods write off?

I have a Coyote NG grill. Love not having to worry about filling or exchanging tanks. Just turn on and cook...

I have a Coyote NG grill. Love not having to worry about filling or exchanging tanks. Just turn on and cook...

:goodpost:

When we ran the gas line to the pool heater, the PB used 2” diameter gas line which was a bit larger than what the heater spec calls for. He did this because he knew I was putting in a fire pit and a gas grill. So the cost of the gas line was higher but that initial cost has been more than offset by the ease of not having to pay $54 for a new propane tank and $28 every time you exchange it for a refill. I had a propane gas grill before the pool was built and I would run through a tank of propane pretty fast. Nothing is more annoying than when you’re grilling up food and you run out of gas right in the middle of the cook out. I never wanted to keep multiple tanks around for safety reasons.

Surprise look at what dw bought for me [emoji2]can’t wait to try them [emoji482]
ba1f2084ca962b287711c4dc7bb11b84.jpg

My first try at stacking charcoal to do a long and slow on my Weber grill. BB Ribs:
454f5794b51ca3717383521b9affa540.jpg

Held 210° to 220°
c6f4d687ee4fec2210703ea2f479e582.jpg

3 1/2 hours into it looks like about 1/2 the coals
Were used.
709c2ff15aec2ab0785345c73abd0297.jpg

Sometimes I wrap them sometimes I don’t. I decided to wrap them this time, I will post pictures when they’re finished. Probably have another 2 to 3 hours to go.....

I had the ultimate slow burn..

I monster load of lump fired steaks hot & fast Friday. On monday, a hundred degree day I thought wow the komado dome is warm.

Tuesday , I opened it & started cleaning the lump-
& found embers!!

I opens lower bent & pulled top vent off, within 30 minutes it was fully fired for burgers!!

Yes, this indicates my hemi gasket is shot. I fire a lot of pies & about 3 gaskets a year.

But man a 4 day burn, that’s just wild.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Lykly I am guessing it was yummy :confused:

They were! I noticed there is a significant difference keeping baby back ribs at 210°-220° VS 225°- 235°. It still took about the same time, but the ribs were much tastier this time than my normal operation. Hopefully I can duplicate it next time.

Was gonna smoke a pork loin today until I saw the weather, 100% chance of rain all day long. Been cold and rainy all day long so pork loin went into the crock pot for a few hours then onto the grill to finish. Added some Italian dressing, lemon and garlic into the crockpot to get some flavor and then basted with it as it was on the grill.

32FB27B6-2FF3-4302-AA62-38DEF4AA1BC7.jpg

Was gonna smoke a pork loin today until I saw the weather, 100% chance of rain all day long. Been cold and rainy all day long so pork loin went into the crock pot for a few hours then onto the grill to finish. Added some Italian dressing, lemon and garlic into the crockpot to get some flavor and then basted with it as it was on the grill.

View attachment 86256

Dang Leebo that looks great[emoji108]wish my loins looked that good [emoji482]

A great weekend meal after swimming - Flank Steak

Pin tenderized and seasoned -

34A38498-C74D-4247-A474-89AC1D36CCA3.jpg

Grilled -

F44656D4-9F47-43CA-A3BD-78C086C836D9.jpg

And plated -

08E26D19-D498-4669-A3EB-AD67B01C939D.jpg

(Love the Sam’s cans lately... Sam ‘76 and this IPA are both really good beers)

It is 8:45pm MST (3:45 UTC) and I’m firing up the BGE smoker with a full load of coals to smoke these -

93AA518D-7019-41CD-AE55-BA237B6ACB82.jpg

17.6 lbs of boneless pork butt. I’m hoping to have them done sometime after lunch. I will have my ThermoPro thermometers in each butt to monitor temp. Hopefully some nice finished pics to follow.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.