O/B in Gilbert, AZ for 2nd time

We are waiting on our second final inspection today. We failed yesterday 😕. The plumber/electrician didn't put in a pressure release valve on the heater. They were coming out yesterday to finish installing the SWG dummy cell and actuators and put on the Cyclone so he was able to add the valve too. So we should pass 🙏🏻. If we do pass, we are scheduled for plaster on Friday 😁.

We are waiting on our second final inspection today. We failed yesterday 😕. The plumber/electrician didn't put in a pressure release valve on the heater. They were coming out yesterday to finish installing the SWG dummy cell and actuators and put on the Cyclone so he was able to add the valve too. So we should pass 🙏🏻. If we do pass, we are scheduled for plaster on Friday 😁.
It's very exciting you are so close to plastering! We had a failed inspection (before shotcrete) and it set us back FOUR weeks ~ mainly because the City took so long to come back out to reinspect. So annoying. Sounds like you won't have that problem. Yay!
I love the look of your cantilever pour-in-place coping (we are also getting that). I've been having "debates" with the masonry about the dimensions I want. Could you possibly measure the dimensions of your coping, 🙏including the thickness and how far it hangs into the pool? My PB wants to do 3 1/2" thick and I want 3" (mainly b/c of how it will look on top of my wall and change its already perfect dimensions!) Also, PB wants to do 14 1/2" wide with a 1 1/2" overhang, and I feel a 1" overhang is plenty. Thank you!!!

Ya, I'll go measure. It's supposed to be 4" thick but not sure of the actual thickness. Is it like a 2x4 board that isn't really 2x4 😉?
Inspections here are usually the next day. We passed today 🥳. That means plaster is Friday.
The deck guy likes to wait until after plaster is done to put the finish on the deck so it doesn't get messed up. Our tile/plaster people told us we should wait to have it done until after. My husband didn't like that idea until the deck guy said the same thing 🤪.

Reactions: Girija
Congrats! Friday plaster!!!! 🥳 Thanks so much for measuring. I just went and put a 14x24 piece of cardboard where the coping will go and 14" looks too wide for my small pool! I really wanted 12" but the bond beam is already 12" and the coping has to extend into the yard and pool. :cautious:

Reactions: Nikilyn
It's very exciting you are so close to plastering! We had a failed inspection (before shotcrete) and it set us back FOUR weeks ~ mainly because the City took so long to come back out to reinspect. So annoying. Sounds like you won't have that problem. Yay!
I love the look of your cantilever pour-in-place coping (we are also getting that). I've been having "debates" with the masonry about the dimensions I want. Could you possibly measure the dimensions of your coping, 🙏including the thickness and how far it hangs into the pool? My PB wants to do 3 1/2" thick and I want 3" (mainly b/c of how it will look on top of my wall and change its already perfect dimensions!) Also, PB wants to do 14 1/2" wide with a 1 1/2" overhang, and I feel a 1" overhang is plenty. Thank you!!!
I went and measured. The deck is right at 4". The overhang is 1" but you have to count the tile. 6589A676-79CF-4AAF-A759-194E640D7DDA.jpegB24B6384-F1D7-44C5-9BFF-7AD583852843.jpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Those nails rock! Congrats on your plaster! I'm sure they'll be there bright and early. The crews that did ours used a wheel barrow and dumped it into the pool which a huge slop. You can always check to make sure they have the right plaster and mixture formula. I'll be waiting for those pictures!

Reactions: Nikilyn

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.