Newnan GA New Pool

Love2Fly

Sep 29, 2019
Newnan
Hi, first thank you very much for having this forum. I have been reading for the last few weeks and you guys have helped a lot.

After interviewing 7 different companies we choose one to build our dream pool.

Please forgive me as I am not a 100% sure yet of all the terms. I am studying the school pool at TFP website as well.

Here is a description of our project:

20 x 40
Oasis
concrete wall
Salt
Vinyl
Color: struggling between Latham Reef and Grey Mosaic.
8’ deep
1 bench
1 tanning ledge
1 set of steps covered with liner
1 water fall
1 slide - S.R. Smith Typhoon
1 bubbler inside ledge
1 umbrella holder inside ledge
3 colored LED lights low voltage ( 2 inside the pool and 1 in the ledge)
Cool deck
Stone copping
Stone skimmer lid

Equipment

1 Super Flo
1 Sand Filter
1 Pentair Robotic Cleaner
1 Screen Logic Smartphone remote 1 Easy Touch Controller w/ Salt
Our yard is 1.6 acres with no shade at all.
No trees unfortunately.
Sun will in full from 10 am to 5/6 pm.
We already have the yard fenced. Its privacy style front and sides and farm on the back.
We wanted that way to be able to enjoy the dairy farm view we have. All that complies with our county pool regulations.

Our HOA it is also informed of the construction.

Attached we have pictures of the yard during different times of the day.

TIME LINE:

09/19 - interviews/estimates
10/19 - contract signed
10/03/19 - marks made for county inspection
10/24/19 - dig starts
10/28/19 - walls pour
5D92B426-2F89-42DA-B29B-B1D5560C859E.jpeg30BD94F8-63B8-451E-A0DB-5E9F9745778A.jpeg309E0C9B-FA0A-4DA3-A22C-90811E8871F8.jpeg83C44036-670F-41A1-A798-8C22884659BB.jpeg9BD3D59B-4D0F-40D4-A6BD-D2556DA490C2.jpeg

Last edited:
Here you are!! I have been waiting for you to start this thread! :party: Lets get started!

-Test kit-You have all of the basic stuff stated and that will do but I would think about getting a whale tale brush. It makes brushing the pool that much easier as the "tail" holds the brush against the wall so less work on your shoulders and back. With you have that WONDERFUL diving pool you will want to make it easy to get to all of the walls.

-equipment-please list the model numbers so we can make sure they are big enough and just what you need for this size of pool. The SWG is very important. It needs to be sized for 2x you pool size (gallons).

I laughed at the doggy door in the screen door. Big enough for a person as well just like mine! I have a 90 lb mastiff/lab mix. Do you think he/she will swim? I have some ideas for their claws to keep your liner safe.

LOVE your design. It is going to be VERY important to have the liner details saved in a safe place down the road when you need a new liner. Having the details will save you money and time when that time comes.

LOVING the slide! That is going to so much fun! Then add in the 8' depth=mack daddy of a pool!! I know someone else who will love this pool @YippeeSkippy look at this one!

That yard is made for a pool. You will still have plenty of left in the yard to play football and such.

hehe I see you have seen my set of links for pool care! Well done! Now don't get upset if I share them again out of habit. I have certain points in each pool I share them to make sure everyone has their own set. You are already ahead of the gave!

Kim:kim:

-

• Love
Reactions: Love2Fly

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Which direction is north for your property? Depending on that, I highly recommend planning for a pavilion for shade. And I also recommend keeping trees far away from the pool. Like 50' minimum (100' is better) since you have the space. A large tree can have a spread of 50' in time. Most folks don't properly anticipate the ultimate size of trees. And unless you've had a pool before, there is no way to appreciate the impacts tree debris has on pool maintenance. Have you done a plan for your entire backyard? It's a great exercise to go through before you are 100% committed in case you want to tweak placement or anything.

Dremel Tool! Make sure to get one with a cord as the battery life is not that good. Use a sandpaper barrel end. Now you will need to "train" your dog to this. It is a baby step kind of thing. Here are the steps.
-Show the dog the Dremel with it OFF and give them their yummy! (Mine is peanut butter).
-show he the tool with it on and give them their yummy. Do this a couple/few times.
-show tool with it on AND you holding their paw+yummy.
-have them lay down, show tool and hold paw+yummy*
-lay down, tool, hold paw AND put tool BY paw+yummy*
-lay down, tool, hold paw and TOUCH tool to one nail+yummy***

The * and *** may take the longest. Take your time and go slow. After a while you will be able to do all four paws and all the claws. At the beginning do yummy often or even have someone giving it to them while you work.

You want the Dremel to= YUMMY=happy time.

It is SO worth it as it makes their nails so smooth!!!

Good luck!

Reactions: nobueno
WOW!! You have a wonderful pool lined up! And the yard to support it. I agree with Bmoreswim about planning ahead for some sort of a shade structure. Take a look at his pool build in his siggy line and you'll see the open pavilion he's got is ideal.

With a yard that big I'd plan ahead for where it might go and also for other future "wants" and have the pool builder lay conduit for outlets for the juice you'll want to power the overhead fan, tv, etc. I read one guy laid PVC down for future needs and has it capped off to keep clean. And plan for where to have your pool robot's outlet which you'll have.

I love Kim's suggestion about how to treat the puppy paws.... gonna steal that idea asap!

Maddie :flower:

Which direction is north for your property? Depending on that, I highly recommend planning for a pavilion for shade. And I also recommend keeping trees far away from the pool. Like 50' minimum (100' is better) since you have the space. A large tree can have a spread of 50' in time. Most folks don't properly anticipate the ultimate size of trees. And unless you've had a pool before, there is no way to appreciate the impacts tree debris has on pool maintenance. Have you done a plan for your entire backyard? It's a great exercise to go through before you are 100% committed in case you want to tweak placement or anything.

Fortunate or not we don’t have trees on our back yard. We bought this house 2 yrs ago and I believe the area our subdivision is used to be part of a farm.
Our house is in the red dot.
I do dream in add some windmill palms sometime. Not sure yet how that will be. Just dealing with one project at a time.

Husband said the the sun north direction for our property is on the left side of the picture I attached now.

We have a screen porch that we plan in open it up eventually.
So far for shade we are only planning for a umbrella inside the tanning ledge and a few cantilever umbrellas in the concrete patio area.

Attachments

• 7EBA240A-CA53-4BF7-962D-7262A3E21B4C.jpeg
    7EBA240A-CA53-4BF7-962D-7262A3E21B4C.jpeg
    386.3 KB · Views: 23
  • D8485DE6-0018-4D31-9E99-710A1EDD64D3.jpeg
    D8485DE6-0018-4D31-9E99-710A1EDD64D3.jpeg
    483.6 KB · Views: 23
Here you are!! I have been waiting for you to start this thread! :party: Lets get started!

-Test kit-You have all of the basic stuff stated and that will do but I would think about getting a whale tale brush. It makes brushing the pool that much easier as the "tail" holds the brush against the wall so less work on your shoulders and back. With you have that WONDERFUL diving pool you will want to make it easy to get to all of the walls.

-equipment-please list the model numbers so we can make sure they are big enough and just what you need for this size of pool. The SWG is very important. It needs to be sized for 2x you pool size (gallons).

I laughed at the doggy door in the screen door. Big enough for a person as well just like mine! I have a 90 lb mastiff/lab mix. Do you think he/she will swim? I have some ideas for their claws to keep your liner safe.

LOVE your design. It is going to be VERY important to have the liner details saved in a safe place down the road when you need a new liner. Having the details will save you money and time when that time comes.

LOVING the slide! That is going to so much fun! Then add in the 8' depth=mack daddy of a pool!! I know someone else who will love this pool @YippeeSkippy look at this one!

That yard is made for a pool. You will still have plenty of left in the yard to play football and such.

hehe I see you have seen my set of links for pool care! Well done! Now don't get upset if I share them again out of habit. I have certain points in each pool I share them to make sure everyone has their own set. You are already ahead of the gave!

-

*Thank you Kim. I will get all the information about the equipment the day we meet the PB next time (10/24th).

*Dog won’t use the pool. Dallas is a senior (13) and overweight big boy with bad arthritis. Plus we don’t want have a quick liner damage. We passed the fiberglass steps because I don’t like the looking.
The dog door was improvised by my husband. Dallas is 129 lbs.

*So besides the brush do I also need all this guys:

TF100
Salt Test Kit (K1766)
Speedstir

*what liner details should we have besides LATHAM/REEF?
We are going with reef.
Unfortunately the pictures of grey mosaic didn’t remove my fear of having a dark bottom pool.

Attachments

• 876B8CFB-1AD0-4411-AA0B-12D2D0B99D68.jpeg
    876B8CFB-1AD0-4411-AA0B-12D2D0B99D68.jpeg
    499.6 KB · Views: 15
  • C1B0C194-DAC0-4F48-A989-8442A0A1B91B.jpeg
    C1B0C194-DAC0-4F48-A989-8442A0A1B91B.jpeg
    587.9 KB · Views: 15
WOW!! You have a wonderful pool lined up! And the yard to support it. I agree with Bmoreswim about planning ahead for some sort of a shade structure. Take a look at his pool build in his siggy line and you'll see the open pavilion he's got is ideal.

With a yard that big I'd plan ahead for where it might go and also for other future "wants" and have the pool builder lay conduit for outlets for the juice you'll want to power the overhead fan, tv, etc. I read one guy laid PVC down for future needs and has it capped off to keep clean. And plan for where to have your pool robot's outlet which you'll have.

I love Kim's suggestion about how to treat the puppy paws.... gonna steal that idea asap!

Maddie :flower:

Thank you.
I will talk to my husband about your outlets suggestions.

We have finally decided to go with reef color. They are borderless.
I am not looking for more expenses but should we consider tile over the liner as a border?
We are already going to have flagstone coping so not sure if that will also look too much.

Also about automatic cover. Will we be able to have one (eventually) with an oasis shape?
Should we give up and go with a rectangle?
??????
Our pool builder encouraged us to go rectangle if we want an automatic cover. He said they can put them on free form, but they couldn't put them under the coping and make them invisible. There would have to be tracks on top of the deck for a free form pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.