Newbie Intro and Possible build-Cincinnati Ohio

It appears to hold 300 lb of sand.
ff3c5d8256cb9c94821e710395366571.jpg

Amazon.com : Pool Filter Sand #20 Grade Silica Sand - 50 lbs. by Fairmount Minerals : Garden Outdoor

300 lbs=$180

The closest I could find to what is listed for on your list:

https://www.amazon.com/FilterGlass-Alternative-Filter-Media-Filters/dp/B008B9IV94/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1522426902&sr=1-1-fkmr1&keywords=Activate+glass+media+pool+filter

$330 but it does say you would use 20% less but I did not factor that in.

It is up to you. Both will work. I KNOW sand will KEEP working just about forever. The glass I have heard quite a few say they had to replace it due to getting gumed up and such.

Kim:kim:

Amazon.com : Pool Filter Sand #20 Grade Silica Sand - 50 lbs. by Fairmount Minerals : Garden Outdoor

300 lbs=$180

The closest I could find to what is listed for on your list:

https://www.amazon.com/FilterGlass-Alternative-Filter-Media-Filters/dp/B008B9IV94/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1522426902&sr=1-1-fkmr1&keywords=Activate+glass+media+pool+filter

$330 but it does say you would use 20% less but I did not factor that in.

It is up to you. Both will work. I KNOW sand will KEEP working just about forever. The glass I have heard quite a few say they had to replace it due to getting gumed up and such.

Kim:kim:

Thanks Kim. I’ll ask about it once we break ground. I’m trying to forget that we are building a pool. The suspense is killing me.

My hope is if I forget, they will call or better yet- show up unannounced with a backhoe [emoji4]

I’m not a patient person.

Fantastic! That was quite a delay. Hopefully you'll have a nice run of good weather to get this thing done!

Are you able to update/add your signature so we can see your details as we go along?

Hi gang! I just cruise the forum until I had some updates that looked like progress. Kim and I have had many many PM’s along the way, but no real progress until now.

They were ready to dig last week but rain shut us out. I was getting bummed out when I started reading all these posts about closing up for the season, and thought dang I haven’t even filled my pool yet. This is been a rather trying experience. But I am hopeful that the worst is behind us. More pics to come soon!

Signature

18x36 vinyl liner , Hayward Sand Filter, Maxflo VS pump, Hayward VS Omni automation, AquaRite 900 SWCG, Rheem 115k Heat pump, Colorlogic LED. Dolphin 400 robot. Build date: 12th of Never

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
ok here we go! i like ur design!

nice rainbow in the background. they r awesome! my kids love theirs. we just had to move ours 7 feet for the fence. thank goodness the guy who stains it each year didn't mind moving it. they r so well built!

good luck!

The Rainbow is definitely a nice play set. We bought it second hand for 10% of what they sell new. Inspection is tomorrow. Walls start on Monday
After 2.5 days.
ed4dcd71917f4381dee8610dce40914d.jpg

3a28e2a1c2fecdc65f31e3e8229b7120.jpg

e957f8e1ed4cbbac4dc3441bdf2c2f7e.jpg

66f5527ebf4a291130d3e28c015e3343.jpg

18x36 vinyl liner , Hayward Sand Filter, Maxflo VS pump, Hayward VS Omni automation, Rheem 115k Heat pump, Colorlogic LED. Dolphin 400 robot. Build date: Spring 2018.

Thanks Kim! So the neighbors closest to pool asked if we were swapping out our fence for a privacy fence. They have little kids and one of which is a climber and in to everything. Very nice folks, so I am going to ask if it would help if I put another layer of wire mesh on their side of my fence. Probably 90 ft of fence. My guess is a 100 bucks for a roll of vinyl covered mesh.

We are looking for fast growing trees or shrubs that will hopefully shade my not so sexy body from view and keep the pool out of sight for the little one. I feel bad, but we waited until our girls were old enough to swim and be around a pool. We want to stay good neighbors, so hopefully getting their input and doing some things will make them feel better.

18x36 vinyl liner , Hayward Sand Filter, Maxflo VS pump, Hayward VS Omni automation, Rheem 115k Heat pump, Colorlogic LED. Dolphin 400 robot. Build date: Spring 2018.

Thanks Kim! So the neighbors closest to pool asked if we were swapping out our fence for a privacy fence. They have little kids and one of which is a climber and in to everything. Very nice folks, so I am going to ask if it would help if I put another layer of wire mesh on their side of my fence. Probably 90 ft of fence. My guess is a 100 bucks for a roll of vinyl covered mesh.

We are looking for fast growing trees or shrubs that will hopefully shade my not so sexy body from view and keep the pool out of sight for the little one. I feel bad, but we waited until our girls were old enough to swim and be around a pool. We want to stay good neighbors, so hopefully getting their input and doing some things will make them feel better.

Aren't there any regulations in your locale as to fencing around a pool? Our regulations call for a 5' minimum with under 5" gaps and child safety locks as well as a gate the swings away from the pool.

Pool Gate- I pulled the specs earlier in the spring when someone mentioned the fence. I actually appreciate that because that is where I got the idea to put more mesh in the outside for them. The fence rules are basically 4ft min, 4” sphere, gate springs latches on inside and locks. I’ll add those magnetic lock thingys you pull up on. Those even confuse me....

This is one area where I really really wanted an auto cover for the safety aspect, but could not swing the additional 13k for it.

Hey all - thanks for the replies. I believe that I am good on the fence. The counties requirements don’t not explicitly state no outside rails. In fact the fence building guide recommends rails facing out for a “more pleasant neighbor experience”...

Here is all I could figure about about enclosures for my county. I will have to spring load the gates and move the latches to the inside. That should take about an hour.
c0e16653f8407c869957bd912d3eb1cc.jpg

Looks good! A hole is a start. Good luck.

We we love our rainbow. We got lucky and the dealer in Phili we bought from as a sale once a year at 50 percent of retail so we jumped on that. There r pics of it somewhere in my build.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.