Newbie Intro and Possible build-Cincinnati Ohio

Lots of stuff in last two days. All the stuff showed up. Apparently I bought a Frog mineral system? What the heck is it?? Walls in, footer poured, starting on floor tomorrow. I thought it was odd some of the PVC lines are stuck in concrete but what do I know? Is flexible PVC usual ? I have not seen it before. Everyone is plugging away.

f923bd6a14176a5809d84a0da59c53f0.jpg

a473879370e8da42fe5e68e43ec74046.jpg

29596fd8577c4ca5b1774632b2466cb9.jpg

54fb92c477c275bc7af6519d3be8ab61.jpg
7c711fe4bc3b15a983fc095ebfa0f2a2.jpg

6382f22ea56d9616bd5b57e2dc9c6235.jpg

It says 19k gallons. I guess I don’t need the meter.
8a95e64f1a100cb0fb2c41c2b3bf289f.jpg

I can return all my testing supplies. It says it’s accurate!!!
86378a010fca559c79964dec0b761532.jpg

Last edited:
How in the world did I miss the update on the 27th?? Sorry about that!

Well that is one big $$ frog that you do NOT want! Take it and hide it so they cannot install it. If you can see if they will credit or give your money back for it.

Now that "test kit" you have there...........just think the money you could have saved using those!!! hehe yeah right.............NOT! Those things will COST you money when you run to the pool store to "fix" your water :roll:

Do I really see water??? WHAT is up with that??? SWEET!

Have you had a chance to try your test kit? Remember to NOT test for CYA as it has to be added so your fill water will not have any.

Kim:kim:

They haven’t installed yet. I ll ask them about it tomorrow. Maybe it would be good for vacation time?

You have a SWCG. You can go on vacation with it on a schedule and forget about it.

I do leave our SWCG pool for weeks at a time. When I do, I do use a couple pucks in a floater to reduce pH as my pH rises constantly due to our fill water.

Well- the crew made some progress last week. Though there was no electric, the PB told me to use some shock and some pucks to keep the water clear. I have been using the Dolphin Robot to keep it clean and circulate water With a submersible. Found this leaf thing called a leaf blaster that works awesome. It’s a battery powered leaf vac. Anyway me and the kids got in for the first time today just to try it out. Won’t be getting back in until it’s done. Overall, it was a hit :)

This week is electrical , backfill, retaining wall and hopefully prep for concrete.

01f1fa0be4a0014b097bf2841695abe4.jpg

dbc31f14e81044c8084508e093f619f2.jpg

354a848ae091edad4f9944e20d4d05ca.png

Water! I see water in your pool!!! I love the liner. It makes such a dramatic color!

Equipment-I see one union on the filter but it does not look like the other pipe has one. What about the pump and everything else? Are there unions so you can remove/service everything without cutting pipe?

Kim:kim:

Thanks Kim- I am not too worried about the unions. I am versed well enough in the ways of PVC to cut it out if necessary. Supposedly the pump I have coming with the automation is on back order. The pump you see is a temp pump., but it’s the same as what is supposed to be there. Just without the automation box. We’ll see!!

The Jandy Valves are so the deck jets can have actuators on them and be controlled remotely. I’m not sure what the third Jandy valve is for that blocks off water to the returns. I guess for service? I didn’t fight the Frog system as it was already half way installed before I could say something. I’ll just leave it..

Trenching for electric, laying conduit and inspection today and replacing some damaged coping today. Oddly, the electrician said he was working all weekend, just not at my house...:)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Your pool looks very nice. I read the earlier messages about your fence with interest. Even though my pool was grandfathered in before the law changed in Ohio my insurance company made us add a fence last year. The pool is remote so I didn't worry about a fence when it was built. Code specifies the minimum distance and placement of horizontal members so the fence can't be used as ladder. Yours does not seem to satisfy that requirement. Something to consider. My $.02 and it's worth what you paid for it.

Hi Dorsal . Thanks for your message! Where in Ohio?

When I advised my insurance and added a liability policy, they didn’t ask about a fence.

I am simply going on the somewhat vague directions about fencing from our counties website for fence requirements.

As I mentioned , we will add mesh on the outside to help prevent the next door neighbor’ s little one ( or whoever) from using the fence as a ladder. We will also add self closing hinges, and magnetic locking closures on the inside. If the inspector says do more, then we’ll do more.

I'm south of Columbus. I live in the county so I asked one of the city building inspectors. He sent me the building codes for fences. They are a little confusing but the codes on the fence profile are pretty clear. I think you may run into problems even with the mesh on the outside. I'll see if I can find a copy of the codes. I'm not sure I saved them. I'm not trying to create a problem for you. The code really only matters if you had a problem and somebody was looking to sue. I don't have any close neighbors to worry about.

-Update-

I found the codes I had. The maximum mesh size for chain link is 1.25 square. That would probably apply to your use of mesh fencing. Note, that I'm not a lawyer and I don't play one on TV either. :cool:

Well- Finally found some gravel, and some trenches. Electric gets wrapped up tomorrow. Automation- Omni VS should be installed as well. Still haven’t decided on. Hot tub yet. Hopefully we’ll have forms and flatwork done soon. I’m so over this mud....
9cede4f32529368bba43873c2433c891.jpg

307fc424ae92701feb6a79c83067e631.jpg

2497d73aa201631d3687706f1bd65f61.jpg

The mud sucks. Pro-tip I actually found tall rubber boots in the concrete aisle at Home Depot for 17 bucks. They are great for mucking around.

The plumbing that is left are the deck jets. They put in the new pump for the automation and will be wrapping that up at some point today or tomorrow. Not too much pool related is left other than final wire up and start up.

I suppose that next week means retaining wall and forms for concrete.

Well,

It rained. And rained. Little work done b/c of all the mud. Electrician shows up every other day. OMni VS boxes mostly installed. Needs a lot of plugging in. Need to finish hot tub wiring and convenience outlets.

Retaining wall starts tomorrow hopefully. There is about 8 tons of rock in my yard :)

0446e045e67e493eef537e686562d62e.jpg
232f8ab5ef660534f0a59eaf9d65e9d0.jpg

6a0ea9ab3f6a7912b16f4f683811a053.png

Todd, looks awesome. Not sure if you're in Hamilton or Clermont county, but I just built my pool in Clermont and the fence requirement was dictated by my township (Union), and it was pretty simple. A minimum of 48 inches, lockable, and would reasonably prevent access by a toddler. They were very laid back about the requirements, and only got specific when I pressed the for details. I know Hamilton has a bit more specific written requirements, so hopefully you are in Clermont. I have no idea about Warren. FWIW there are 3 pools in my subdivision with the same fence as you with the wire installed in the interior of the fence with no issues.

Looks awesome btw!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.