New rectangular IG in Mesa, AZ

The crew that exposed the pebble came a little later than I expected. I didn’t get to start filling until a little after 3:00 pm. The fill took 9.5 hours, finishing at 12:45 am. Right around 14750 gallons according to the meter before/after. Now just waiting fro them to come out and pull the plugs from the deck canister and the skimmer and turn on the pumps. Let the brushing begin!

E78963CA-0B76-4964-89F6-FEC771CABEC4.jpeg

Pebble after, dry

6854EC06-D989-486D-B6CC-D35546246981.jpeg

Pebble after, underwater (shallow)
B0AE51B9-EBDD-4A48-BC8D-DF17802D5351.jpeg

After filling
B4AA8AA0-A379-4323-9D65-C537B73E1529.jpeg

Last edited:
The color is described by the builder as Blue Diamond SeaGlass. From watching them mix it, it is a white cement base with the Blue Surf/Blue Wave color added, the pebble mix itself was labeld Pebblesheen Blue Prism. To make it SeaGlass, they add in a mix of glass beads and abalone. Searching the internet for Blue Diamond Pebble turns up a number of pool builders using that description and their photos all look similar,, so I don't think it's a secret recipe :)

It's an interesting blend and there is a pretty strong shift between blue and grey depending on the lighting, cloud cover etc.

LOVING that color!!! It will only get better and it cures and the water gets balanced!

I hope you will share some pics on this thread: Pool Finish and Color Viewing Room...TFP Member Sound Off Take a pic looking down at the steps and the deep end. This will show case the different colors as seen at different depths. Make sure to tell the color and how they got it like you did in the above post.

Kim:kim:

VERY nice looking Interior Color for sure! Question, is the water level supposed to be over the spa edge?

Cheers!
I’m still fine tuning the depth. For the 1st month or so while I’m brushing and filtering a lot, I’m keeping it right to the top of the dam wall and pushing water into the return in the center of the floor of the spa to cause it to overflow out, but not in a manner that causes aeration. I think in general in a pool with a built in spa and an autocover, you want to keep the water right at the top of the dam wall, so that the cover doesn’t drag across a dry area when it closes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.