Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
FF8ADA26-56FB-4F9F-9FDD-4E05770228A8.jpeg
Always love seeing all my fellow TFPers new pools and I’m thrilled to share my new pool (when escrow closes soon o_O). Built in 2000, 12000 gal Freeform IG pebble pool, and a huge 1800 gallon elevated spa. It’s my First stab at an SWCG pool, and happy it’s been freshly drained, acid wash/media blasted and brand new Pentair VSP, SWCG Intellichlor & new EasyTouch automation panel. Purchased from Original owners and it’s clealry well maintained.

—Anyways, posting this in pool cleaner forum as that’s what I’m gonna be needing, and need any new opinions or thoughts on new 2019 Dolphin models. See below.
—My other concern is having this pool which came about during the “pebble tec craze” of the late ‘90s early ‘00s where there is no pool-line-tile. Pebble goes up to coping and even a pseudo beach-entry all pebble as well. Only thing I hesitated on when I inspected it, but it’s in good shape, and maybe also thoughts/recommendations on adding pool-line-tile during a future resurface?

I’m really gonna miss my old pool’s IFCS. I already researched these cleaners last summer, and will most certainly purchase a robot from Marina Pools. Just not sure if anyone is able to give any further updates or opinions on models or paying for the S300(I) Bluetooth and other features not on the S200
Are we still on-board for the S200/300/300i?

KD, your fellow TFPers who love our IFCS’s will miss your contributions...there are not many of us on these forums. Your new pool looks nice! My neighbor just installed a tile line on his pool with a pebbletec “lip”. He is getting ready to sell his house, haha. He did have some areas that peeled off so he felt it was a must-do for him. So tiling IS an option...

You guys should form a new group... "The IFCS Dinosaurs" :)

KD, please update us on your feelings next year at this time...

I vote with Jon... if you ever need to re-plaster go ahead and install waterline tile...

Call Margaret at Marina pool and spa... She will ask you a few questions and tell you which cleaner is best for you. In my case she pushed we away for the S300 and 300i and toward the S200 which better suited by requirements. Upgraded the basket to include both course and fine filters at no charge. Was $700 bucks with free shipping and it arrived two days later.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Proud “IFCS Misfit Dinosaur” :)
I’m glad you’re still happy with your S200 Jim. I know the additional caddy & additional timer options on S300 models was tempting but I’ll discuss with Marina.
They did disclose repairs done last year to repair Pebble cracks at the exposed areas of the ‘lip’. It’s 19 year old pebble so maybe we’ll see how to swing maybe a glass penny tile along the lip during a resurface. There was so much home construction here from 1999-2004 and so many of these pools had that Pebble throughout seems retrospectively not-well-thought-out, though very clean looking nonetheless. The inclusion of the rocks may be tricky, but I’m almost inclined to

Proud “IFCS Misfit Dinosaur” :)
I’m glad you’re still happy with your S200 Jim. I know the additional caddy & additional timer options on S300 models was tempting but I’ll discuss with Marina.
They did disclose repairs done last year to repair Pebble cracks at the exposed areas of the ‘lip’. It’s 19 year old pebble so maybe we’ll see how to swing maybe a glass penny tile along the lip during a resurface. There was so much home construction here from 1999-2004 and so many of these pools had that Pebble throughout seems retrospectively not-well-thought-out, though very clean looking nonetheless. The inclusion of the rocks may be tricky to tastefully tile around, but I’m almost inclined to remove them later too.

4AF796B3-3797-43E6-9126-D8ABD0ED3807.jpeg
Here ya go, more pics of our beautiful new pool!
I’ve got my project hands full. Leaks, leaks and more leaks, 1) Filter leak at gasket seam, 2) filter relief valve leak, 3) spa jet pump leak, 4) heater outflow leak. Should be simple fixes and already ordered new relief valve and gonna swap/steal my current glycerin pressure gauge for this one and ordered a new filter gasket “d”. There is concern for the questionable pump leak, but I have another extra pump available if it’s the pump body.
4) SWCG panel is lit up with “check salt” and “inspect cell”.
5) SWCG is arranged so its a dummy an dcomes on with pump, but since it’s a separate Hayward panel it’s not controllable by ET8, so thinking a IC40 Intellichlor is my bday gift (along with a new Dolphin S200 and Screenlogic2).
6) Pump schedule is perplexing as it’s default setting is active (6am-12am) 2100rpm and you can see the return sends water through spa/spillover and pool (with bypass for check valve) with no valve available to select return location so a plumbing rearrangement is in order. I think this is 2.5” or 3” PVC pipe? Anyone have any advise?

Give me 3-5 months and I’ll have this all set up and a fresh coat of PVC paint too.
49718F32-484F-4848-957F-77F37AB3D20E.jpeg

I am loving all of the windows in your new home! I bet you don't need to turn on many lights during the day! Looks like you have a wonderful view of the pool from every one on that side of the house.

At least you know how to take care of all of it! Too bad THEY did not take care of it first but it is what it is so............time to get dirty!

Kim:kim:

Reactions: KDpoolguy
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.