Laughlin, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
OK -- so decision time. This can be a place for the use of QUALITY clarifier. You will have to clean your cartridge filters once or twice soon after you use it. Get SeaKlear Chitosan Clarifier. Use it as prescribed to clear your pool. DO NOT use it on a regular basis or it will plug up the filters.
WARNING - if you use this product with algae in the water, you will create a mess. So be absolutely sure you have completed all aspects of a SLAM except a continuous problem with cloudy water.

sonup2000

Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 8, 2013
Long Island, NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
OK -- so decision time. This can be a place for the use of QUALITY clarifier. You will have to clean your cartridge filters once or twice soon after you use it. Get SeaKlear Chitosan Clarifier. Use it as prescribed to clear your pool. DO NOT use it on a regular basis or it will plug up the filters.
WARNING - if you use this product with algae in the water, you will create a mess. So be absolutely sure you have completed all aspects of a SLAM except a continuous problem with cloudy water.
i am in no rush i will wait few more days and decide thanks . no one is using the pool for atleast few more weeks.

Reactions: Newdude and mknauss

Newdude

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 16, 2019
NY
i am in no rush i will wait few more days and decide
Perfect !!! The worse thing you can ever do is exactly what the pool store preaches. Panic and dump a bunch of stuff in hoping for a miracle. It did not happen overnight and it cannot be fixed that way either.

And another perfect example of the pool store playbook is the clarifier. If not used with extreme caution and rarity, it will maybe clear your water while toasting your filter. Which, I’m sure they’d be happy to sell you new cartridges for. :)

Reactions: sonup2000